Do Pigs like to be wet? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since reading a couple FS adds recently that mentioned their 55 leaks profusely during rains, I am wondering if this is a common deal. Is it just bad weatherstripping and holes in the roof, or do they all wallow in the rain a bit?

firewall and cowl seam sealer, old rubber grommets, dried up windshield weatherstrip and door gaskets. Also from holes in the floor....60 series wagons do it too, you just have to spend some time in that forum to know that;) It's a 35 year old rig...waddoyouwant?

Thank you. I'll take that as an affirmative vote on whether your Piggy leaks or not. :D Anyone without a leaker?

Thank you. I'll take that as an affirmative vote on whether your Piggy leaks or not. :D Anyone without a leaker?

my pig doesn't leak- those are the ares where one needs to spend some time so that theirs don't leak either;) the drivers side firewall was probably the largest port of entry, next the windshield rubber. the windshield wiper arm holes and the threaded bolts coming up thru the cowl needed new sealer after the old crakin stuff was removed, also where the boosters/master/throttle cables and steering wheel column bolt thru the FW- alot of infiltration was caused by road water being kicked up into the wheelwell by the front tires...

Is that why it's for sale? :D Sunburn is probably more of a concern where you're at. License plate should read UV4ME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom