Do my belts look ok? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000cruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 3500 mile trip coming up and wondering if you knowledgeable folks here think it’s time for some new belts or if it can wait till after? No noises out of the ordinary, just wanted to get some opinions

It’s one of the few things I haven’t replaced since purchasing the truck.

Thanks in advance!

978F0E95-06F6-4F71-A992-4CE19761FF8C.jpeg

1FBC6259-6037-4F63-9A71-4E0FE43C01E5.jpeg

1222578E-CD2D-45CA-9F50-8828F4F6F50A.jpeg

They appear to be in good condition from what can be seen in the photos. They are still thick enough to stick up beyond the diameter of the pulley per the manual. Are they oem belts? How old are they? Can you see any cracks on the drive side of the belts? Do they make noise?

They appear to be in good condition from what can be seen in the photos. They are still thick enough to stick up beyond the diameter of the pulley per the manual. Are they oem belts? How old are they? Can you see any cracks on the drive side of the belts? Do they make noise?
Sadly they don’t look like OEM belts and looking at the records I can’t tell when they were last replaced. No cracks, no noises, just very slight fraying on the edges of the A/C belt.

If you're not going to change the belts before hand, buy some OEM belts and take them with you along with the tools to change them.

Belts are cheap, just replace all 3 and you'll know their vintage.

Though they are quite 'tolerant' of a few cracks :)

Mine after some years of neglect (medical issues - in the past now fortunately)...

dr_belts3.jpg

cheers,
george.

Sadly they don’t look like OEM belts and looking at the records I can’t tell when they were last replaced. No cracks, no noises, just very slight fraying on the edges of the A/C belt.
In that case, run them but carry OEM spares as suggested by @ppc. The OEM belts are economical, fit properly, where long time. Actually, replace now and carry the old ones as spares. See how good that feels????

Cogged is noisy all in itself. The Toyota belts are solid and matched. Get two sets, one as a spare. Yes, I have issues with parts hoarding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom