Do I paint this stuff??-New dash assy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lyle Kilson

Go fast, don’t die.
Threads
I just purchased a lower dash cover (55404-60030 )from @Delta VS and an instrument cluster finish panel (55411-60010) from @CruiserParts1. Im looking forward to installing them and not having a dash that looks like it was trampled over by a stampede of bison. Before I install them am I supposed to paint them? These new parts have a matte finish that is easily scuffed. It also doesn't match any other black trim or dash pieces.

F0393D05-A56B-4B99-AB5C-8CA6EFDC72A7.jpeg

31167A64-17F3-40AB-9442-E981439D5A8F.jpeg

311BDD0C-9AB9-4FB5-8819-3DD29A9591F7.jpeg

That’s what we call the “new” finish. Doesn’t have 25 years of wear on it.
LOL man I was afraid someone would say that

Just be glad its not like my vdub's gloss piano black finish, talk about easily scuffed. :doh:

The early model 80 series used a sub-standard plastic mixture in the Brown(ish) trim packages . They were prone to cracking and breaking early. Toyota very quickly discontinued the production of that color. Nowadays all you can get new mostly is Black and most of the used parts are the bluish/grey color.

It is still possible to find many of the Brown(ish) parts Used (we have many still available); but they are more expensive than the black or grey ones and the manufacturing defect is still present. They're more for restorations for people that want everything 100% original.

I say paint them. I personally would go with panty pink. ;)

You do need to paint it. Here is the paint code. 9ac ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom