Do I need the EGR modulator for 3FE tuneup? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have to do the 30k interval tuneup on my 3FE soon, and I'm using @jonheld 's master list for parts. It has the EGR valve, gasket, and modulator on it. the EGR valve is no longer available, but the gasket and modulator are still available. The gasket is $6.08 so why not, but the modulator is $74.07 which would be quite a large percentage of the total $$ for this tuneup. I know I'll be fine without it, but I'm wondering if it's one of those things I should buy and replace while I still can (before the part goes NLA.) I don't even know what the EGR modulator does. Someone let me know what they think. Thanks in advance.

- the 3FE EGR Modulator , Modulates the EGR system ........

- see below FSM step by steps , confirm and diagnose if its a GOOD SOLID part and functions correctly ......

or

bad part or faulty

- eazy -peezy :)

624536F4-2F36-4AED-8203-FA8A0C886212.jpeg
B7C89CDF-C9C4-470E-8556-66A1C63082A1.jpeg
A07C968E-93BD-475D-86D5-ADACD23BB76A.jpeg

6DA56013-BDF1-43B5-928F-62170D1B5C90.jpeg

Thanks a lot Matt, didn't even know there was a filter in the EGR system. Of course I can check it all (and like you said, quite easily) and I assume it's all working fine. But do parts in the EGR system tend to go bad? All parts on my EGR system are original (238k miles) and I'm wondering if the modulator is a part I should have on the shelf while I can still get one. I imagine if something in the system fails someday, I will just delete the EGR system... but that's a whole separate can of worms.

Thanks a lot Matt, didn't even know there was a filter in the EGR system. Of course I can check it all (and like you said, quite easily) and I assume it's all working fine. But do parts in the EGR system tend to go bad? All parts on my EGR system are original (238k miles) and I'm wondering if the modulator is a part I should have on the shelf while I can still get one. I imagine if something in the system fails someday, I will just delete the EGR system... but that's a whole separate can of worms.

i have taken apart the EGR parts and cleaned the filters , let air dry in front of fan and then re-use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom