do I need special lug nuts (edited) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm mounting stock LC rims on my LX - the guy at the tire place that I need to get specific bolts from Lexus. Are they smoking crack? Can someone fill me in

[mod: watch the language please]

Last edited by a moderator:
To the best of my knowledge all 100-Series and LX470 alloy wheels take the same shouldered lug nut. Also interchangeable with the '07+ Tundra and possibly the new Sequoia and 200-Series.

Steel wheels = Different lug.

only thing you have to make sure is they are for your vehicle and that depending on whether your wheels are hub centric or lug centric they may be different....but like mentioned above if both sets of wheels were hub centric then should not be issue.

To the best of my knowledge all 100-Series and LX470 alloy wheels take the same shouldered lug nut. Also interchangeable with the '07+ Tundra and possibly the new Sequoia and 200-Series.

Steel wheels = Different lug.

yup, my steelies require a different type. I had no issue using my original LX wheel lugs on LC alloy wheels.

So I have these wheels
new-1.jpg

And a 98 LX470 - So if i just get stock LX lugs I should be good to go?

bolts?

if you mean nuts you need to make sure their diameter, thread, and seating style (shape, diameter, angle if any, etc) are compatible with both the rims and studs.

Obviously the center hole diameter and backspacing matter too as far as the rims are concerned.

All of that is readily ascertained with a quick inspection.

Yes sir.

I bought that set on ebay. Just out of curiosity I called the local Toyota dealership, they wanted 13 bucks per lug nut :eek:

I bought that set on ebay. Just out of curiosity I called the local Toyota dealership, they wanted 13 bucks per lug nut :eek:

Yeah...my 2000 came from the dealership with some Detata DT 108 wheels, and they only gave me 5 lugs for the spare, which was an OEM wheel. I had to get 15 more lugs from toyota when I went with OEM wheels all around.:eek:

Just out of curiosity I called the local Toyota dealership, they wanted 13 bucks per lug nut :eek:

Been there done that. I got no key for my wheel locks and had to bust them off with a socket. I didn't have time to order any online and bent over at the local Toyota stealer to the tune of $60 for 4 OEM lugs.

The only good thing you can say is they are some beefy lugs, don't see them ever failing you on the trail.

Ya even the parts guy on the phone seemed surprised...

By the way Anthony.L - those black wheels are sick, how did you score those and how's the weather up there?

Thanks man! The wheels are OEM 16's, just like the ones you posted in your picture. I got them from a used OEM wheel warehouse back east and they powdercoated them black before shipping them to me.

The weather up here is just crazy right now. Snow, more snow, freezing rain, hail, roads are iced over and people are crashing everywhere of course. Plane skid off the runaway at SeaTac so that stopped all flights for a while. Tonight it's been high winds and tomorrow the high is forecasted at 24 currently. Yay!

Nice, I think if mine start to chip or flake I will get mine powdercoated too.

It's really not bad at all in Portland - just cold. We got like 1/32 of an inch of snow last night which means everyone loses their minds. Sounds like Seattle got the worst of it though

I was having a hard time finding aftermarket 5 on 150mm wheels for my studded tires. I bought Lexxus rims off E-bay for around $90 each. My Landcruiser lug nuts, and center caps fit them just fine. I've really been enjoying them this past week!

I'm not sure if Spresso is correct on this one. Don't the OEM lugs have a much wider shoulder? Those look too narrow. I bought an aftermarket black set and when they arrived, although they were supposed to be for the LC/LX, the shoulder was way too narrow and were clearly a different design than OEM.

Scott

Hmmm well I hope those are right, but I'll be able to let you know this weekend, since they are on the way :confused:

Just found out about these this past weekend. I had my brake pads replaced on the front and back, and also had the rotors turned. Apparently I hadn’t noticed that there were wheel locks on the rear wheels only. I searched the truck and of course no key was found. So they removed them with an impact wrench and had to order me two new ones. I was pretty surprised when I saw them on the bill @ $9.50 each. The guy told me he even discounted them a couple of bucks each too.

Resurrection. What're the proper lugs for steelies? Obviously same M14-1.50 pattern, square shoulder (rather than the conical)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom