Do I need spacers now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just put in new tierod ends a couple of weeks ago. I guess I did not noticed this before as the old tierod boots were pretty torn up.

So.. do I need spacers now? Or nexr size up on wheels? I will eventually get new wheels/tires as the FJ60 still has the ones that came with when I bought it. But in the meantime? Spacers?

Passenger side is rubbing pretty bad, even looks like the boot on the new end may already be busted.

Driver side looks OK but still rubbing against the inside.

You can tell how much is rubbing by the clean edge on the inside.

A bit irritating as I just put the ends recently.

Before I can even see the photos I’ll say it because I had the same rub. It’s your rims.
I can see now. Possibly 1/4” spaces would be enough tho you may need at least 1/2”.

Is the steering arm hitting also or is that line on the rim factory i see the tre boot hits. The other set of rims i had on my 62 did the same the boot hits i had some 1/8 steel spacers made here locally by my buddy with a cnc plasma table can see how much he would do another set if you dont want 1/4 cast aluminum ones.

Recently experienced the same thing here, not quite as severe. Wheels cleared no problem until the new 555 tie rod ends were installed. Now they rub just slightly on the boots, not torn yet. When I ordered my wheels I was told that I would need 1/4” spacers....at first i thought that guy didn’t know his stuff, now I realize it depends on the tie rod end.

Now I’m on the search for 1/4” steel spacers that are no longer available from my past supplier...anyone now where to find steel spacers?

Recently experienced the same thing here, not quite as severe. Wheels cleared no problem until the new 555 tie rod ends were installed. Now they rub just slightly on the boots, not torn yet. When I ordered my wheels I was told that I would need 1/4” spacers....at first i thought that guy didn’t know his stuff, now I realize it depends on the tie rod end.

Now I’m on the search for 1/4” steel spacers that are no longer available from my past supplier...anyone now where to find steel spacers?
I can have them made

Ebay,Amazon,Summit Racing.:cheers:

My apologies, steel is definitely a lot more scarce, I looked for awhile and could not find any.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom