Do I need a new brake master, or proportioning valve? (1 Viewer)

1980 fj40
Never seen this, but as I pump the brakes the reservoir for the rear is going empty and the one for the front is overflowing. Seems it is pumping the fluid from the rear and out the front reservoir. My bet is the master, but just in case someone has seen this with a bad proportioning valve or something.

Anyone seen this, any possible quick fix to get it kind of working? I just need brakes to be able to move it around the property in NC and I am planning on putting it on a trailer for this trip this evening and no one has a master available today.

FishTacos

At the Muskielounge
if it is just going to be for "mov[ing] it around the property" why don't you just put it in 4L and use your e-brake?:meh:

I bet you need to rebuild the master but maybe you just have to take the fittings out and clean the outlets on it.

I think I will try and clean it out and see what happens, and will order a new master. Hope to have it minimally working today before putting on the trailer. Low gears is my backup plan. No emergency brake yet.

We drove jeeps around our ranch all the time with no brakes. I had to swap out my Napa master after only a couple hundred miles. Get one from Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom