Do I Need a Double Cardon Driveshaft? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also realize that a DC shaft will require proper lubrication every 3000-ish miles. Otherwise, they can come apart on the interstate and wreck all kinds of stuff.
I can definitely say that this lubrication schedule is a bit exaggerated. I lubricate my DC shafts by removing them from the cruiser every oil change at 5k miles and haven’t had any problems with the center pins. My DC joints are not Toyota and use the Spicer Life Series joints which also have worked out well. The only disappoint thus far is that the 1310 sized stuff is a little light weight for the rear shaft of a loaded 80 climbing rocks in 37” tires and I ended up with less than a press fit with regards to the bearing caps in the cages but never a broke hard part. This came up after five years so I don’t exactly consider it a huge issue considering the way my truck gets used.

The good news is that, a few months ago, Tom Woods told me they will be offering a 1350 sized dc shaft once trail gear brings to market the output flange to fit out transfer case and the 1350 yoke.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom