Do I need a carb gasket?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got my carb back from Jim C and am ready to slap it back on. When I took it off there was no gasket to be seen (except the one that looks like it is molded onto the insulator). Do I need another gasket?
Thanks!

don't know about toyota, but on chevy's, you can reuse the gasket numberous times...i've never had to deal with reusing on toyota. and yes, it is part of the insulator.

chitown40 said:
There are gaskets available from SOR that go between the manifold and the carb.
Or you can make one with some bulk crushed asbestos gasket material from an AP store. Not a complicated shape.

Yea I checked them out on SOR. Do I really need one though? There was not one on it when I took off the carb

I managed to get a good seal without adding another gasket. The insulator has a gasket on the surface that conformed to your carb a long time ago. If you were to change carbs, You might have a problem getting the two surfaces to mate well. Reusing the orgininal carb should be ok. I did choose to shave down the swolen bump on the gasket that lined up with the counterbored bolt hole in the center of the carb - probably not necessary though.

no, that is the gasket and its molded into the insulator thingy........which costs about $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom