Do Doug Thorley Headers suit RHD? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know whether the non-VVTI DT headers will fit right-hand drive 100's?
I'm in the process of fitting a set of wildcat headers, but not happy with the pipes having less than 10mm clearance of the brake lines on the left side. They also sit within 10mm of the engine mounts on both sides.
Looking at various pics of the DT headers, they look to have plenty of clearance around the brake lines and engine mounts. Can't see why they wouldn't fit RHD, as there's more room on the left and still heaps of room on the right.

I dont think it fits, same way as some of the AUS made extractors dont fit on LHD due to the steering shaft.

I dont think it fits, same way as some of the AUS made extractors dont fit on LHD due to the steering shaft.
Looking at the the pics though, the DT headers look more compact and tighter to the engine than the tri-y AUS extractors which have plenty of space around the steering shaft. I sure hope they fit, not too keen on losing brakes!

right-hand drive 100's?

I had my indie install the Beaudesert Exhaust system for 100 series V8s, and while the headers were a tight fit to get in, once in everything seemed to have reasonable clearances. This was in my previous hunjy, and I miss the sound and midrange torque when compared to my current one.

They also come with the O2 sensor spacers as options, needed to stop codes being thrown in the later 2UZs.

I'm sure you would be able to get these as headers only...

Last edited:
I had my indie install the Beaudesert Exhaust system for 100 series V8s, and while the headers were a tight fit to get in, once in everything seemed to have reasonable clearances. This was in my previous hunjy, and I miss the sound and midrange torque when compared to my current one.

They also come with the O2 sensor spacers as options, needed to stop codes being thrown in the later 2UZs.

I'm sure you would be able to get these as headers only...
Cheers mate! Though I think all the tri-y headers are going to have pretty tight clearances. I think I'll just persevere with the wildcats and add some heat shielding around the brake lines.

10mm! A miss is as good as a mile.
Looking around the net, the consensus seems to be that it's too close. Especially at the hottest part of the exhaust.
I'll try some heat sheilding and see how it goes. Something that should be included as part of the kit IMO !
20230316_170451.jpg
20230316_170534.jpg

Check out Rhino Exhaust
They are built for RHD but I helped them come up with a solution for the LHD to clear the steering shaft. Theirs comes with insulation tape but I opted to go with this heat shield

I'll try some heat sheilding and see how it goes.

Photos when done would be great - and is your LC an update model (rear LED lights)? If so be good to report on whether or not it throws O2 codes, apparently that's common with the update models.

Check out Rhino Exhaust

Just down the road, and well priced too. Now you've got me wondering about "should I do the new rig?" :)

Check out Rhino Exhaust
They are built for RHD but I helped them come up with a solution for the LHD to clear the steering shaft. Theirs comes with insulation tape but I opted to go with this heat shield
Thanks, that heat shielding looks good.
I've tested without doing heat shielding and surprisingly the brake lines aren't too hot, you can touch them with your hand! Although that's been mostly pretty sedate driving. I'll cerakote the headers in the winter and maybe do some shielding as well, just to be safe.
Those Rhino headers look very similar to the wildcats. Can't say I've been too happy with the build quality. I cut them at the middle collector as they didn't have it flared over, and I'd imagine it'd be pretty bad for exhaust flow. Also had to grind back the weld on the flange and knock the pipe in a bit to get one of the nuts on. In hindsight, I shouldn't have cheaped out, and just gone with the more expensive pacemakers.

20221010_164045.jpg

20230317_171559.jpg

Photos when done would be great - and is your LC an update model (rear LED lights)? If so be good to report on whether or not it throws O2 codes, apparently that's common with the update models.

Just down the road, and well priced too. Now you've got me wondering about "should I do the new rig?" :)
Yep I've got the update model, and I did get a check engine, though it was a p0031 for the upstream o2's. Not suprising as one looked original (and red!) and one had been replaced. So far so good on the downstream one's, time will tell I guess!

20230320_163858.jpg
20230320_163858.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom