Do Aisin Carbs have vents - smoke machine revealed some sizable leaks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick facts: '78, recently rebuilt 2F and Aisin Carb, desmogged (except no charcoal canister...yet). It won't idle below 1100 (and choke must be partially closed) and Idle solenoid is working, so I'm looking for a vacuum leak. I built a smoke machine, covered the top of the carb, and pumped smoke in at the opening for the air intake. It was hard to see the exact spot, but A LOT of smoke was coming out of the carb. It appears to be coming out between the bowl section and the EGR insulator section behind the secondary vacuum (hopefully I have these part names correct). There also appears to be an opening in the air horn just in front of the idle solenoid. I know these locations wouldn't effect vacuum since they are above the butterfly valves, but I was curious if this is ok/normal.

I'm going to pull the carb off next and attempt to pressurize just the manifold and hopefully find a leak (but I assume at this point it's my manifold to block connection). I thought my manifold surfaces where a little sketchy, but I couldn't find a local machine shop to work of them. I went with the remflex gasket, but that may not be good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom