do 60's sit level front to back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yea I know no cruiser sits truly level, but I put a set of OME HD's on the 60 last September in preparation for a load, and I'm not that loaded yet.

The skinny on the truck:

From the fender lip.

Drivers side. 40 front, 37.25 rear.
Passenger side. 40.25 front, 38 rear.

2" body lift also. I checked, its solid. 4+ ubolt flip.

Its got some cruiser lean, but I'd attribute that to the 35" tire hanging off the ass and what appears to be an early 4x4 lab bumper situating the mass more drivers side than I would have. Over all I'd call it 2 inches of tilt.

The load is the bumper with tire carrier, tire, idiotically designed "roll cage" weight tube ladder waiting for a 4000 pound person to climb it, and highlift hanging from said ladder. Inside is about (3) 5/8 sheets of plywood in a masterful platform storage of my own creation that slides forward for a sleeping platform or slides out the back for a table, and recovery gear. And a puma compressor, OR a co2 tank resides full time, depending on whether or not I forgot to close the valve and the tank is dry, which happens to be every single fxxxing time I fill it.

Never had a jerry can or any other real storage weight in the rear. It's got about about 2000 miles and couple wheeling trips on the system since installed. It has been flexed well.

I may be loopy, but I swear to god that sat level+ in the ass when I put it on. I did a walk around with a tape and while I cant recall the numbers, the truck didn't have a "squat".

Adding a 40 gallon tank, rear winch (I'm gonna butcher that bumper, the more I use it the more I hate it), water, fridge full of Pacifico, Technitop, associated gear, Ardbeg, and woman doesn't seem in the cards for OME CS005RB's. WTF?

my car has a rake, i have the old an emu medium light. the right side is a half inch taller then the left and the rear is an inch taller then the front.

Depending on the shackle angle when unloaded, adding 1/4 ton of hardware to the rear of the truck will def push the ass down. Take it on a trip & new springs will sit lower by the time you get home. Also having all that weight in the back lifts the front a bit like a teeter totter. Anything behind the rear axle will lift the front.

So I talked to cruiseroligist, Kurt, and it appears the trim line is level with the ground, and I should go by that mark. As such, there's a couple inches difference in fender to ground and I've settled to "level", that not good either so I'm going the add-a-leaf route as opposed to the extend-a-shackle route. His suggestion, and I agree. I think extended shackles jack up pinion angles, and when unloaded for street use it'll stiffen the bum a bit, while still flexing when loaded with gear on a trip. I don't have a sway bar, and don't want one.

So goes my thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom