Do 305's Fit, with no lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My buddy owns a tire store, he had been looking for some 285 or 295 BFG's used, but nothing has come.

He got in 7 Discovery AT 305/70/16 tires. They are no BFG look, but I like the big lugs, with a street look.

Will they fit, from looking and holding up, then measuring I say ya. Just off-road, until I get the lift, they will rub, on the inner fender plastic during compression.

So will they fit, before I waiste time putting them on?

Anyone need 3 good tires?

I held 315's up, and no dice. If you cranked the bars up, you would be fine.

But for offroad, and no lift, they would smack every where.

My 305s rub even with a lift. :frown:

I am assuming you mean the 305/70R16? If so these are, basically, the same OD as the 285/75R16...which I am running in the MT/R version...no rubby here.

Although I am installing the OME kit (t-bars, coils, shocks & diff drop kit), from Christo (thanks Christo for answering my stupid questions!). Done with the rear...tonight start on the front.

How about 315's on an AHC 100 with it's push-button 2" of lift?

Macneil, do you know exactly where it is rubbing?

295's do not rub with or without a lift.

spressomon said:
I am assuming you mean the 305/70R16? If so these are, basically, the same OD as the 285/75R16...which I am running in the MT/R version...no rubby here.

Although I am installing the OME kit (t-bars, coils, shocks & diff drop kit), from Christo (thanks Christo for answering my stupid questions!). Done with the rear...tonight start on the front.

Yeah, I mean the 305/70R/16s. The rubbing is slight, and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the width of the 305 vs. a 285. The 285 is not as wide. The rubbing only happens when the wheels are full cranked.

hoser said:
How about 315's on an AHC 100 with it's push-button 2" of lift?

Macneil, do you know exactly where it is rubbing?

It's rubbing up against the plastic/rubber flap guard thing between the wheel well and exhaust manifold.

I have 315 on my truck (for 25k mi) and they do rub some on full flex. BTW as far as tire fitment, if you do not lower the bump stops, it does not matter if you have a lift or not.
Doron

Last edited:
Pic of the 305's just installed...

Hey Cruiser99, what color paint did you use to match the ARB to the truck?
Coopertires.jpg

cruiser99 is that without a lift? if lifted which one? BTW, the bumper looks great! I'm looking for a 100/LX and an alos interested if the 315's would rub with the AHC lift and how about in parking lots locked?

Last edited:
Mine has Slee T bars up front and ARB 863's in back. I mainly need it for the heavy loaded truck but it does produce a couple of inches lift. Don't know about AHC...

[how about in parking lots locked] ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom