DNP Carpet Installed! (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Along with restoring the seats and interior trim, I had to install new brown carpet from DNP, @dnp Just some minor trimming and it went in pretty easily. Checked out the full project on IG @houstonlandcruisers
28DE7E83-FAAB-4259-A5A3-18A2A0F990BB.jpeg
25DFFD9C-18CD-4E42-AFCB-C4D1A44084FB.jpeg

Did it come with the plastic channels that are held down by the screw-down panels at the door sills?

Did it come with the plastic channels that are held down by the screw-down panels at the door sills?
No, it does not. I took the staples out of the old carpet and used the old channels.

No, it does not. I took the staples out of the old carpet and used the old channels.
That’s correct. Just take the original plastic “bridges” off your old carpet and use under the new. If you don’t want to staple them to the new carpet, you can use carpet adhesive (or, truthfully, it can be done using nothing at all.)

That’s correct. Just take the original plastic “bridges” off your old carpet and use under the new. If you don’t want to staple them to the new carpet, you can use carpet adhesive (or, truthfully, it can be done using nothing at all.)
Affirm, I just placed the bridges in the spot and put the carpet over it...holds in place just fine.

Looks great Plippert! I'm planning to install one of the @dnp carpets soon, but it's going into a truck with a stripped interior. Does anyone have a picture or part number for these plastic bridges? I'm wondering if I may have to fab something. Much appreciated!

@dnp Are you doing shipping to Canada?

Did the exact same on my install. Does just fine.
Same experience here. The channels stay firmly in place with no adhesive needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom