DMV got me for $709 today...bloodsuckers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bpenn1980

SILVER Star
Threads
Ugh. I forgot that I had to pay tax on the cruiser ($408 even at my lower stated value)...my bad I suppose. Also paid a parking ticket ($76). Also had to renew my registration on my 2004 heep grand cherokee that I havent been able to sell ($225). Can you believe I cant sell an '04 special limited with 50,000 miles for $13,500? Stupid economy, damn thing cost over $30k 4 years ago. Now it just sits in the parking garage, draining $450 each month from the ol pocket book between car payment and insurance...

Gawd thats depressing. Makes me not want to spend a single cent this weekend. That 7 bones could have been 90% of sliders or a lift. Oh well, such is life. Just needed to vent

Price we pay for living in paradise called the Republik of Kalifornia! Hey, at least I drive past 4 world class destination resorts every day to and from work and I don't own a H**P. :flipoff2:

Seriously, that hurts!

Yep that sucks.

I wanna know how you registered the rig without paying taxes?
They won't hand you your registration/tags etc without being paid in full normally.

Existing time on the tag would be my guess?

Existing time on the tag would be my guess?

huh? I dont know what that means.

Normally when you buy a used rig, PP you get a pink slip, they sign over, release liability, yadda yadda yadda. You then have 10 days to head down to the DMV and register it (the release of liab is 5 days from seller). They WILL NOT let you take ownership/tags/registration... whatever...... until you pay in full, meaning tax liability.

And... if you bought from a dealer/lot/broker.. they'd work taxes into the deal.

So im really trying to figure out how this happened. :confused:

huh? I dont know what that means.

Normally when you buy a used rig, PP you get a pink slip, they sign over, release liability, yadda yadda yadda. You then have 10 days to head down to the DMV and register it (the release of liab is 5 days from seller). They WILL NOT let you take ownership/tags/registration... whatever...... until you pay in full, meaning tax liability.

And... if you bought from a dealer/lot/broker.. they'd work taxes into the deal.

So im really trying to figure out how this happened. :confused:

Here's the technical explanation: I lag.

No seriously, I just didnt take care of it in a timely fashion. I bought it all cash, PO had title in hand, she sent her release in and I just never finalized it. Pretty bad, I know. I had her signed over certificate of title and my proof of insurance in the truck and thats it.

So I guess the answer to your question is that I've been driving an unregistered (?) rig for the last 4 months :rolleyes: though tags on the truck still have 6 months or something. DMV guy didnt seem to care, but that could be because the florescent lights had already sucked out his soul

That's not as bad as what I ended up paying when I registered mine, I think I payed about 850 for taxes and registration and 150 for my license; but still expensive. blood suckers :flipoff2:

You need to sell the Jeep ASAP.

You're losing $300 or so every month plus depreciation.

From what you would have saved/not spent on the Jeep, you could have done some good mods.

That's not as bad as what I ended up paying when I registered mine, I think I payed about 850 for taxes and registration and 150 for my license; but still expensive. blood suckers :flipoff2:

I put down $5,000 as the sales price which is slightly lower than actual. Whatever, I hate paying taxes.

You need to sell the Jeep ASAP.

You're losing $300 or so every month plus depreciation.

From what you would have saved/not spent on the Jeep, you could have done some good mods.

I know it. I've had it on the market for months now thru Autotrader and craigslist. People arent real eager to buy big ticket items, especially SUV's. Carmax offered me $10,000....

Its very painful and is becoming a real issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom