DIY Wrap Steering Wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, first post on this site and first time owner of a 1995 FZJ80. I received my vehicle a few days ago from El Paso, which was originally purchased in Utah..at Karl Malone's (yes, The Mailman) Toyota Dealership which i found interesting. I was prepared to be disappointed based on research on this site that the steering wheel might not be in that good of shape. I am here to tell you that this site has really given me good solid info to become well prepared owner. Having said this, the moment i sat in the vehicle, the wheel I noticed immediately and I am not real happy with the pleather steering wrap currently on my wheel (too big and slippery). I was looking for other options that might imrpove looks and give me something I can easily handle on long trips, at least until I can come up with the funds to have the wheel re-wrapped professionally. One of the options that stick out were the numerous ways to wrap paracord around the wheel. I was thinking with my Nightshadow Pearl paint and Gray Interior, that a couple of paracords with similar colors might look pretty good. Anyone else done a paracord wrap or perhaps found something else that might be interesting. Looking fwd to your thoughts. Sharing a profile look at my new ride, cuz I am super happy to have it.

IMG_2234.jpg

Welcome to the madness, my two cents is be careful and avoid @NXLTACY (Wits End) at all costs. He is very good at tacking your hard earned money. :flipoff2: I'm just kidding, that is straight sarcasm. Joey is a great guy and has a lot of fixes for our rigs. Back to your paracord inquiry, I would say youtube and general researching will be your best bet. I had a paracord solution on my steering wheel until I noticed how dirty and deteriorated it became, so off it went. Again, welcome and drive the wheels off your 80!

Check Amazon for steering wheel wraps too, if you're on a budget or want something temporary. I put an Aully Park on my Tacoma, took time to stitch it on, but very happy with way it turned out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom