DIY video/camera mount for FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.charlieboucher.com
I used an old cheapo ball head tripod head and a manfrotto rc2 adapter to mount the camera to.
I tried it out and it worked awesome. there is a video to go with it. its a tad long but you get the idea.
5878799370_61b7dd046c_z.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE1Xw6kpiQE&feature=player_detailpage

Very cool.

I have an ultrapod mini tripod which straps to my roll bar, but yours is a far more elegant solution.

that's cool. pretty steady video and clarity is good. what camera is it?

Thanks guys. yeah its in vancouver. the steep drop is pretty steep. lots of fun.
A roll bar mount would be cool too to get a higher down angle view.

Nice!! :clap:

I was thinking of the waterproof HD GoPro cams. (I think there's a banner ad below sometimes).

I'd probably mount 2.. 1 up high on a roll bar, and the other down low, like on the runner. Get a view of the front tire, and then go hit some low water and get muddy! Yeah!! :steer:

I would recommend the go pro. I'm going to get one for my snowboard trips this year. A helmet mount would be coo, so would one mountain on the bumper facing back.

If you are mudding, that first layer of mud is going to block it, so bring a squirt bottle to keep it clear.

FYI, I think the 960p is far cheaper than the 1080p. Watch their YouTube vids.

Thanks Guys. Its just a little Panasonic Lumix camera but worked pretty nice. I could mount my DLSR but prolly not a good idea lol. I'd love to get a gopro someday but not in the budget for now.

i will definitely be buying a go pro as soon as my cruiser is done..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom