DIY video/camera mount for FJ40

Website
www.charlieboucher.com
I used an old cheapo ball head tripod head and a manfrotto rc2 adapter to mount the camera to.
I tried it out and it worked awesome. there is a video to go with it. its a tad long but you get the idea.
5878799370_61b7dd046c_z.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE1Xw6kpiQE&feature=player_detailpage

nice man works great :)

That is in vancouver? Looks liek fun place to play around on :)
One of those downhill drops looked pretty steep :D

FishNinJay

SILVER Star
Thanks guys. yeah its in vancouver. the steep drop is pretty steep. lots of fun.
A roll bar mount would be cool too to get a higher down angle view.

Nice!! :clap:

I was thinking of the waterproof HD GoPro cams. (I think there's a banner ad below sometimes).

I'd probably mount 2.. 1 up high on a roll bar, and the other down low, like on the runner. Get a view of the front tire, and then go hit some low water and get muddy! Yeah!! :steer:

I would recommend the go pro. I'm going to get one for my snowboard trips this year. A helmet mount would be coo, so would one mountain on the bumper facing back.

If you are mudding, that first layer of mud is going to block it, so bring a squirt bottle to keep it clear.

FYI, I think the 960p is far cheaper than the 1080p. Watch their YouTube vids.

I ordered the tripod from Amazon that fj404 life recomended. I'll be using it for my kodak Playsport that I got for Xmas for now but I definately want to get GoPro eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom