DIY Powder Coating

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star

I know a guy that uses that to do parts for his old Chevies. He says it works remarkably well, but you need to use an old oven either outside or in an open garage. DON'T use your kitchen oven. It stinks up the house really bad, and I think the fumes are toxic.

71-CRUISER

Works pretty well. Not as tough as industrial in my opinion but still a good option for at home use. you can do parts as big as the oven you have. My valve covers still look good after 2 years but the oil pan was to big to fit into the oven.

And definetly dont use your home oven. We had a neighbor that was remodeling so we got their old 1970s oven for free. perfect for garage use.

Cool, I was thinking of a turkey oven for the small parts, I have a pile going to the power coating,

but I am sure as the project goes along I will want to do small parts and having to go get them done will be a PIA, so they might not get PC'd.

I think I would more likely do it if it was onhand.

Thanks, Myrle

rusmannx

i'm contemplating one of these too. i'm thinking of building an oven out of bricks (or maybe cinderblocks) and putting an old ovens heating element and range burners inside.
anyone know a site for do it yourself kilns or brick ovens?

Top Bottom