DIY LX Navigation/DVD/Phone lockout override. (FREE) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
I've found a DIY way to override the Nav/DVD/Phone lockout albeit temporarily. This solution allows you to override the lockout while driving for enough time to make whatever inputs you need to make for your head unit. The headunits locks out the controls after a while but the unlock can be repeated as many times as needed.

My LX is a 2009, I am not sure if this will work on other models.

DISCLAIMER: attempt this on your own risk. I do not endorse watching DVD's while driving. I did this to temporarily enable phone and nav controls for my passenger.
Please let me know if you need any clarification on anything and i'd be happy to help. It would probably be easier if you left a comment on the video so others can benefit as well.
And of course, Please support my channel by subscribing if you like the content.

Thanks @soccernut.
So a permanent fix would be grounding ebrake and feeding 12v to the speed wire on the HU? Or just feeding 12v on the speed wire?

Will try this, I would still like Integrated BT audio in my 09

Nice work. Makes sense that the HU is locked out by parking brake and speed. What do you mean by the HU locks out the controls "after a while"? Is there another input that it is using to know that the vehicle is not parked? The after a while determination has to be based on some input.

Not 100% sure but I think the speed signal may be PWM of +12V and ground. Your meter is taking the RMS of this waveform.

Maybe gps motion is the other input? One of the true defeat options out there is interrupting the gps signal

Will try this, I would still like Integrated BT audio in my 09

I have mine set up to do that in a seamless/invisible way:

- Get a USB Bluetooth to aux adapter, something like this works
- Pull apart the centre console where the aux jack is
- Tap into the power outlet next to it and rig up your usb there.
- connect a low profile aux cable
- bury everything under the console.
- Button up everything

ET VOILA!!! you have your self bluetooth audio to your aux.

Nice work. Makes sense that the HU is locked out by parking brake and speed. What do you mean by the HU locks out the controls "after a while"? Is there another input that it is using to know that the vehicle is not parked? The after a while determination has to be based on some input.

Not 100% sure but I think the speed signal may be PWM of +12V and ground. Your meter is taking the RMS of this waveform.

Yes, I think there is something else coming in from the navigation antenna that tells the vehicle it is moving.

Maybe gps motion is the other input? One of the true defeat options out there is interrupting the gps signal

I thought about that but then again, I am happy with this solution and didn't want to mess around too much with stuff I don't fully understand yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom