DIY Land Cruiser Heaven leather - foam padding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.jchattdesign.com
I can’t find any info on the site, google, email to Frank or searching here. The leather kit came with 2 large sheets of 1/2” backed foam padding. Those of you who have this kit, where is this foam intended to go? Armrests? Seat surfaces? Seat backs?

Have you tried asking the vendor?

@MINO did you find out what the extra foam was used for? I'm looking at it and can't figure out where it goes too.
The only place I could think of is the seat back board since the vinyl material is thin. It's almost too "pillowy" compared to factory IMO. before I did that, I did one board with the factory material still attached with no foam - it feels tighter but the Leather primer I used didn't hold up and the adhesive loosened.

The only place I could think of is the seat back board since the vinyl material is thin. It's almost too "pillowy" compared to factory IMO. before I did that, I did one board with the factory material still attached with no foam - it feels tighter but the Leather primer I used didn't hold up and the adhesive loosened.
I just used a piece to repair the seat padding on the passenger side. Not even close to an expert repair but it did the job 😆.

20200824_163437.jpg

Is Land Cruiser Heaven the place to get leather nowadays? I need to rebuild my seat cushions...

Are the seat cushions oem quality? The description seems to indicate they are not oem

Last edited:
Is Land Cruiser Heaven the place to get leather nowadays? I need to rebuild my seat cushions...

Are the seat cushions oem quality? The description seems to indicate they are not oem
They aren't but they feel pretty damn good compared to stock. I actually am selling an OEM and LCH driverside foam if your interested in either.

what's the difference between the two?
Are you happy with the LCH leather? I'm thinking of the full leather kit...

what's the difference between the two?
Are you happy with the LCH leather? I'm thinking of the full leather kit...
LCH is using more modern manufacturing and looks like a more precisely built product. The support on the bottom side feels more rigid, and I would assume, more durable over time. See attached pics.

Other than the installation difficulties with the 100% leather kit, I'm extremely satisfied.

IMG_9511.jpeg

IMG_9512.jpeg

IMG_9513.jpeg

IMG_9514.jpeg

Interesting..wonder if the LCH foam is equally durable.
did you put LCH foam bottoms in both your seats?
Is the LCH more firm? Thanks for the pics

Polyurethane foam durability is largely dependent on the density. The chemicals used to create the foam and more density are the primary cost driver. It’s why that cheap sofa or mattress failed so quickly. An easy way to gauge the durability of the aftermarket cushion would be to weigh it and compare versus oem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom