DIY Hidden Ladder Under My Roof Rack?

Website
www.grezguitars.com
Hey all,

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a ladder solution that I can hide away when I'm not using it.

I have a Baja Rack full length roof rack.... and I managed to mount a 100 watt solar panel underneath the middle two gutter mounts... totally out of the way and serves it's intended purpose...

Then it struck me..... why can't I do the same thing with a ladder??? Mount it between the 3rd and 4th row gutter mounts.... attach it in such a way that I don't even know it's there until I need it...

I'm curious if anyone here has tried this, and what the outcomes were..... I tried an internet search, but came up with a big fat nothingburger.....

Website
www.grezguitars.com
A ladder for what. Was always confused why people have them
When I need to go up top to secure a load, having a side ladder is quite valuable - I am trying to avoid taking up precious cargo space storing it tho.... I've tried the telescoping ladder - it's been decent, but it is sizeable - even when collapsed....

Visit site
I don't see why you can't make a bracket for the underside of the rack that would fit like a Thule Tepui Van Ladder.

I envision padding (to minimize rattle) "L" brackets with a fifth one that secures and locks to keep it from sliding out...

Website
www.grezguitars.com
I don't see why you can't make a bracket for the underside of the rack that would fit like a Thule Tepui Van Ladder.

I envision padding (to minimize rattle) "L" brackets with a fifth one that secures and locks to keep it from sliding out...

I truly like that idea.... and have considered it. I have the retracting ladder..... however, the ladder somehow got damaged and won't close all the way, and I'm a little reluctant to drop that kind of money on a collapsible ladder again... but definitely a good idea.

Visit site
Or a wheel step, even..
4b44256e2d6eb62d88359d162b1dd9c3.jpg

Website
www.grezguitars.com
Do you have a spare tire swing out on your rear bumper.

If you do than maybe consider one of these spare tire step straps. I think this is the best solution I have ever seen.

Spare Wheel Step - by Front Runner - https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/front-runner-spare-wheel-step.html
Also a good idea - I should add that I'm spending most of my ladder time loading and unloading kayaks on an 80 Series that's 7'3'' high lol

I need a side ladder to do this most effectively

Thank you for the ideas :)

clx16

SILVER Star
Visit site
I have one of those door steps also and they are pretty compact. I would just say get 4 and find a way to store them near the doors so you don't just have one and have to move it all around when you are packing a bunch of stuff all over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom