DIY-Bluetooth anti-theft, and other electrical systems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've recently been looking into installing a kill switch on my vehicle, and that got me thinking about a unique solution, like Bluetooth. It would act the same way as a modern day's vehicle push button start (The key has to be in/near for it to start), but it would be dependent on your phone.

For your phone, you need a special app to send a command to the board. You can hook it up to send the command when paired, using something like Automate or Tasker.

On the vehicle, it can hook up to anything you might install a kill switch too (Fuel pump, ignition ect).

One could also hookup a blue status light on the dashboard if your phone is connected or not. If anyone else would ever drive your vehicle, you could always install a bypass switch hidden somewhere, but then that goes full-circle to the simple idea of a kill switch.

Using the same tech, it would be relatively easily to also install a remote-start kit using the same board with limited range, (I know zero about remote start systems so i may be wrong). Or hook it up to anything for that matter. Including external lights, radio, hazards, anything in your vehicle really. What do you guys think? Should i give it a go?

12V Bluetooth Board
Bluetooth-relay-phone-Bluetooth-remote-control-switch-IOT-Bluetooth-module-12v-relay-module.jpg

If someone steals your phone, your wallet and your keys, you've lost it all.

It would be much simpler to wire a hidden kill switch below the dash when parking it.

I use a system that requires a starting sequence to start. The set up automatically resets ever time the LC is shut off. This way you never need to remember to turn anything on or off.

Whatever you wire in make sure you understand the system in the event it fails.

This isn't practical at all, but i like tinkering with micro electronics, and after finding the 12v bluetooth board it would be extremely easy to set up something cool.

With ease, i could setup a tablet as a UI with buttons to control the bluetooth relays, so if im ever camping and sleeping in the back, i could control music/lights/exterior lights (If i hear a weird noise and get spooked lol) ect.

Could also hook up a remote start function with this on the cheap, if you add on a couple other small boards. Or a remote kill function. I've toyed with the idea of wiring in a phone (With GPS enabled) and hiding it somewhere in the vehicle, so if it gets stolen you can track it. With the bluetooth relays, you could remotely control the phone, and thus remotely control the vehicle if you wanted to kill it/disable it.

I don't know if i would ever do this, but its more of a theoretical idea i'm playing around with.

There's probably easier and less damaging places to be starting in electronics than in vehicle immobilization.

It's likely that the cure may be worse than the disease here. A complex DIY external electronic system atop a vehicle with an already complex electrical, probably isn't the way to go for reliability and in not creating further problems.

You can purchase an off-shelf security system for your truck, including paging keyfob and immobilizer. Installing that pre-made kit will be enough work alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom