Divorced Transfer case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a divorsed transfer case for my cruiser buggy.
I'm trying to run nothing but Toyota parts and if it cant be toyota i dont want a boat anchor like a 205. I also need to get at least 4:1 low range and being able to get front wheel drive only would be great but not a must, needs to hold 400hp and abuse. Offset and offset or offset and center works. I'm running custom housings with flipped thirds so i have some decent wiggle room there.
My known options:
Np205 - too heavy and i can only go down to 3:1 with a lowmax kit
Dana 300 - I believe this is an option but I'm not sure
Atlas - would solve a lot of issues but I'm really not looking to drop 3k on a case.
Toyota mini truck gear driven with inchworm adapter - it won't hold the power

Other then that I'm drawing a blank
if you have any suggestions please let me know.

:meh: You want strength and low weight and low cost. Sort of paints you into a corner.

4:1 kits are available for Dana 300

Really old Rockwell cases come to mind, but probably just as heavy as a 205. An rare as hens teeth.

I agree with you. I don't "need" light weight, I just want to be lighter than a 205 which is pretty much anything.
I have a Dana 300 sitting in the shop and if JB Conversions would come thru with a 4:1 kit I'd do that. Like I said I'd like to stay toyota, I have no issue machining an adapter for a married case to make it a divorced case. I'm trying to be somewhat different in the whole thing. I'll buy an atlas before I build a 300 anyway.

My goal is to find a toyota case.....maybe an odd ball case and make it work, this is a difficult thing to do that's why I decided to post on this forum instead of another. I'm by no means a newb to the scene I'm just drawing a blank on this and need some opinions

I'm not afraid of spending money, after all this is a race rig and my shop rig and racing isn't cheap. If i spend the money I want it to be a unique setup

Hi All:

Why do you need a "divorced" t-case? What is the wheelbase on this buggy you are building??

There are not that many "divorced" t-cases available; I'd imagine that the only ones readily available in North America would be New Process (NP) models.

Regards,

Alan

Running a rear mounted 2jz with the factory auto. I don't want to run a Turbo 400 so i need a divorced case.
Wheelbase will be around 110"

Im thinking about going with an Orion box, any idea how much power these can hold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom