Ditched the Jeep and joined the land cruiser family today. 1996 LX450, this has been my dream car for a while. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
DDFBD2A7-096B-4506-924F-79ABC3736F97.jpeg

better get on getting some proper armour as well :) 4x4Labs rear bumper, slee front, sliders, etc... goodbye $$$$$ :)

Welcome!

Looks like you got hold of a nice one!

Put on your big girl PINK panties, read voraciously on here, and don't take it personally.

We'll kick you a few times, but help you out with what you need.

The thing on the front is called a damage multiplier, not a brush guard. The things on the taillights are taillight breakers, not guards.

Recommend dumping those if you choose to take it off road, as tree branches can wreak havoc on them.

Let us know what your plans are, what your level of wrenching is, and how much you do your own work (or not) so we know how to respond (when helping or ridiculing)

Welcome!

Looks like you got hold of a nice one!

Put on your big girl PINK panties, read voraciously on here, and don't take it personally.

We'll kick you a few times, but help you out with what you need.

The thing on the front is called a damage multiplier, not a brush guard. The things on the taillights are taillight breakers, not guards.

Recommend dumping those if you choose to take it off road, as tree branches can wreak havoc on them.

Let us know what your plans are, what your level of wrenching is, and how much you do your own work (or not) so we know how to respond (when helping or ridiculing)

hahah thanks man. I’ve been here for a while mostly lurking and y’all seem like a solid group of folks.

I definitely gotta ditch the armor but I figured the tail light “guards” would be okay, good to know.

hahah thanks man. I’ve been here for a while mostly lurking and y’all seem like a solid group of folks.

I definitely gotta ditch the armor but I figured the tail light “guards” would be okay, good to know.

If you want to fit in, those have to go....just sayin'

:flipoff2:

Last edited:
slee front huh? I was gonna go ARB

arb is great? But a little bulky for my taste... the slee is lower profile and very solid... but that’s just my opinion :). Arb ain’t bad!

Last edited:
You owe us more pics than just one. Get busy!

Congrats, BTW. 👍
Thanks man, it’s a real dream come true. I’ll post more pics tomorrow. It has a few small issues I need to fix but overall it’s almost flawless mechanically and the interior is awesome. Has s*** paint but idc I wanna raptor line it or something anyway. ARB lockers, OME lift, 35” KM3s, and best of all 100% rust free.

arb is great? But a little bulky for my taste... the slee is lower profile and very solid... but that’s just my opinion :). Arb ain’t bad!
I considered the 4x4labs front because of it being so low profile but I love the look of the ARB, I haven’t seen the slee tho I know something like that is more practical tho.

edit: sheesh that slee looks awesome gonna have to consider that. Wish they made it with the bull bar like the 200 series ones.

UGLY!
It looks a lot like mine. Same sun dried paint and all.

ARB bumpers are great for deer infested areas. Hitting a deer sucks.

And most deer concur.

ARB bumpers hinder your parochial angle compared to the Slee short bus, or any tube bumper on the market.
just my .02
welcome!

i figured 😪 I’ll go with the slee after all I just love the look of the ARB. And thank you sir!

Buy whatever YOU like the best. Unless you're rock crawling or doing a lot of other extreme off-roading, your approach and departure angles (while affected) aren't going to be a game changer. So what.... if you drag a little here and there. 95% of the time you'll be fine. Get what you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom