Distributor wiring issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Different distributor plugs, what’s the deal??

image.jpg

I don't recall ever seeing a 3 wire plug there, it is always a 2 wire. is the third wire grounded to the outside of the distributor body?
engine may be from the 80's but the distributor isn't, atleast not a US version

me ? :confused:

your Dr. NipponDenso .......:D

this is your area of expertice john

i have NEVER seen a 3 wire green Alternator / Voltage Regulator Male connector housing in a toyota oem dizzy , NEVER ?

this is a first for sure

interesting thread to follow , im subscribed .............

who ever or what ever is the reason or facts behind this one thing be known : TOYOTA OEM and Factory at a higher Level is at play one way or the other .........

in fact , that particular 3 pin sealed in the GREEN color housing is ONLY ever used on the 27700-60100 voltage regulator device side , i have a various rainbow of that exact housing colors in 3 pin first gen sealed

but ..........

that's my 30 Years of vintage TOYOTA :

DSCN9587 - Copy.JPG

Not sure, but could the 3 wire connector be for the connections shown in the attached schematic? Point side hot, Point terminal ground, and point condenser / capacitor ground?

Ignition #1.jpg

me ? :confused:

your Dr. NipponDenso .......:D

this is your area of expertice john

i have NEVER seen a 3 wire green Alternator / Voltage Regulator Male connector housing in a toyota oem dizzy , NEVER ?

this is a first for sure

interesting thread to follow , im subscribed .............

who ever or what ever is the reason or facts behind this one thing be known : TOYOTA OEM and Factory at a higher Level is at play one way or the other .........

in fact , that particular 3 pin sealed in the GREEN color housing is ONLY ever used on the 27700-60100 voltage regulator device side , i have a various rainbow of that exact housing colors in 3 pin first gen sealed

but ..........

that's my 30 Years of vintage TOYOTA :

Interesting.... it figures I’d be the one to deal with something nobody knows about 😆. Luckily I had another distributor with a 2 prong plug in the spare parts box. Hopefully it will work!

I don't recall ever seeing a 3 wire plug there, it is always a 2 wire. is the third wire grounded to the outside of the distributor body?
engine may be from the 80's but the distributor isn't, atleast not a US version
Yes the green wire appears to be a ground to the distributor body.

Distributor is from a 78+ with electric igniter and grounds to the module. thus the 3 wires. You will need the igniter to use that dizzy or swap with an older unit or a pertronix.

Sorry about the brutal picture. Camera sucks and its freezing outside, just broke a tab off the female green connector :frown:.
20210209_073606_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom