Distributor Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got the dizzy installed perfectly. However, when I went to tighten the collar, it doesn't keep the dizzy locked in, no matter how tight the bolt is. Will I have to buy a new collar?

On (USA model dizzy) there is a slot in the bottom of the dizzy housing that the bolt goes thru. You can move the dizzy to adjust the timing with the bolt loose but still in the slot. Then the bolt head tightens down on the top of the slot (that is part of the dizzy housing) Is this how your new dizzy works? Is it possible that the bolt has bottomed out in the blocks threaded hole before contacting the dizzy? If so, you can use washers just under the bolt head to shim it. Pics might help us understand.

Last edited:
On (USA model dizzy) there is a slot in the bottom of the dizzy housing that the bolt goes thru. You can move the dizzy to adjust the timing with the bolt loose but still in the slot. Then the bolt head tightens down on the top of the slot (that is part of the dizzy housing) Is this how your new dizzy works? Is it possible that the bolt has bottomed out in the blocks threaded hole before contacting the dizzy? If so, you can use washers just under the bolt head to shim it. Pics might help us understand.
Mine isn't like that. I have a collar that is fastened to the engine block with a single bolt. And it has a horizontal slot for a 10mm bolt which I loosen/tighten to fasten or loosen my dizzy to rotate for timing. I'm assuming that the collar is somehow worn down/bent so it won't make contact with my dizzy at all.

Did the collar come with the dizzy or are you moving the collar from the old to the new? Perhaps they come in different sizes. I really can't give much advice on this other than to say make sure it's the correct part for that dizzy.

Did the collar come with the dizzy or are you moving the collar from the old to the new? Perhaps they come in different sizes. I really can't give much advice on this other than to say make sure it's the correct part for that dizzy.
It didn't come with the dizzy. The new dizzy didn't come with a clamp. Thank you for the advice anyway. I might try and use tape to beef it up as you suggested. Nothing worse than getting a new part and not being able to test it. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom