Distributor differences for 2F (1 Viewer)

I recently bought a 2F out of an early 60 series from a fellow mudder. The distributor cap is cracked and it is much larger than the cap off of my stock 79 2F dizzy. I went to autozone to order one and they show to all be the same for each model. I tried to cross reference the Denso part number, 029120-220, and nothing came up on Google or the autozone website. Am I missing something? I'm almost done with the motor swap and little things are holding me up...I want to hear this thing run! :)

BDSeff1fitty

1982 Toyota Pickup

SOR has the caps IIRC. but yes they should be different. can't remember the exact year they changed.

distributors can be swapped from all years of 1f to 2f's. have a mid 60's 1f distributor in my 2f, waiting to put in my 85 2f distributor when i have time.

chupacabra

You can still get the Denso cap from any dealer, but curiously not the rotor. Napa has nice "made in Japan" rotors though. I just put an FJ60 distributor in my 40.

Also I'm sure you know that the distributor won't fit your 40 without using a pushrod gallery side cover from a 60 - it has a dish in it to accommodate the bigger distributor.

BDSeff1fitty

1982 Toyota Pickup

You can still get the Denso cap from any dealer, but curiously not the rotor. Napa has nice "made in Japan" rotors though. I just put an FJ60 distributor in my 40.

Also I'm sure you know that the distributor won't fit your 40 without using a pushrod gallery side cover from a 60 - it has a dish in it to accommodate the bigger distributor.
i have an extra if you need it.

Thanks for the help guys...it turns out a cap from an 85 fits. Luckily the local autozone had one in stock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom