Distributor Cap Snap-On Cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody have a compelling reason(s) to keep this on? It might keep water from splashing directly on the cap & wires, but these are already pretty water resistant. I think it would trap moisture and slow it all from drying out. It's cool & all that I still have it (thanks to the PO), but I just changed cap & rotor and am thinking I'll leave it off.

Thanks,
Jim

I do not run one on mine and I have never had an issue . I do a lot of winter driving though slush and puddles and I know it gets some moisture on the dist. cap and wires . I also use di- electric grease ( vasiline ) on the plug wires where they plug into the cap to help deter corrosion and to displace moisture. My 2 cents

Use dielectric grease on the connections. Make sure you have an OEM cap with o-ring and everything should be fine. I initially had problems because the PO used an aftermarket cap that didn't have an o-ring and when I went through puddles I had some problems. Once I replaced the cap with an OEM one with the o-ring, no problems.

:beer: Chad

I noticed an o-ring in a groove on the distributor, but not one on the cap itself. I lubed up that o-ring and each wire boot so should be good to go.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom