Distilled water PSA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, ordered the cooler. And ran by TSC to get a block heater since I can't put new Toyota red in until it's replaced.

Hopefully you've just temporarily injured her, not killed.
Poor ol'girl. Pat her on the dash, tell her you're sorry; and she might forgive you.

i could have hooked you up with a used cooler, that sucks man. best of luck to you.

i could have hooked you up with a used cooler, that sucks man. best of luck to you.

Thanks, I panic bought. Should have reached out to you first. Trying to show her I still care after all these years.

Don’t forget to order gaskets. Let me know if you need part numbers. Props on the title change.

Don’t forget to order gaskets. Let me know if you need part numbers. Props on the title change.

Thanks! I got them from another thread, I appreciate it.

I learned from an old dude to put a hot plate 3” (one you can kill) - under a motor that hasn’t ran in years.

You’ll prob drip some coolant or oil on the plate, so you want a cheap-o/one you can kill.

It warms everything slowly, and esp with a oil change it helps pour out the sludge.
Plus with new oil, gaskets re-plump.

We revived a few XR Honda dirtbikes as kids, did custom crap like 250+ motors in 185 frames (6” shorter wheelbase).

I wouldn’t run distilled water in a iron block for a extended period of time without coolant to prevent the oxidation of the block and introducing more junk into the radiator. Just letting it sit overnight will cause rusty water.

I wouldn’t run distilled water in a iron block for a extended period of time without coolant to prevent the oxidation of the block and introducing more junk into the radiator. Just letting it sit overnight will cause rusty water.

My thoughts too. Flash rust on disc rotors after a car wash is enough to frighten me.

Petition to change OP’s name to Iceman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom