Dissent Skid Plate Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did a lot of research, here on Mud and other searches. Both Dissent and Budbuilt were mentioned having the most coverage of the cats. I was hoping to wait for the next Dissent run, but the thefts are rising in my area and I wanted to get them covered asap. (Especially since they don't even need to jack up our vehicles to cut the cats off)

Interested as well. However it sounds like Dissent isn’t making skids any time soon due to alu prices.

I did a lot of research, here on Mud and other searches. Both Dissent and Budbuilt were mentioned having the most coverage of the cats. I was hoping to wait for the next Dissent run, but the thefts are rising in my area and I wanted to get them covered asap. (Especially since they don't even need to jack up our vehicles to cut the cats off)
This is why I ordered a set of bud’s. I was going to wait a bit but when a coworker had her Tacoma cat stolen I woke up to the real problem. Having it stolen sucks, but having that part on a 4-6 month back order was a rude slap in the face. I hadn’t even considered the down time to get the part.

I ordered a full set of budbuilt today. Balancing risk of cat theft, figured getting something on sooner is better than later.

I plan to buy Dissent sliders, roof rack and front/rear bumpers… going with 1 vendor does simplify things but with no date in sight, not a lot of options for good aluminum skids.

Last edited:
@radman following up, so how is the cat coverage with Dissent skids?
so far so good!
The cats aren’t completely covered, but there’s no way to cut the other end off with the plate in place.

100DF700-D399-448D-8BF8-300DA53F528B.jpeg

DA2E036D-698F-475F-8533-89DB0C721184.jpeg

In other news, I took a massive hit to my engine skid. Long story, but I was descending a trail while in low mode, and fell on top of a boulder. One side is dented, but it did its job and no damage to the diff mount. Also did a belly slide on that same run… it wasn’t until I got to the bottom that I realized I was in Lo 🤦🏻‍♂️

EA035358-95B9-458F-AA91-B2330E23B5EE.jpeg

EAE352A5-BB8A-4F26-8775-75D157C87107.jpeg

2E60676A-C1B0-4BF9-97DA-462E1539CCA2.jpeg

Spicing it up! Make that green a red !

@radman mind sharing the brand/model of ramps you use?
They are 20-year old Blitz Rhino Ramps. I’ve been meaning to get new ones since they’ve lived outside most of their life….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom