Dissent Roof Racks Available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now available for preorder online, grabbed mine last night!

LC 100 Roof Rack

Love my rack from Dissent. I am hoping that they offer the rear window external panels for the 100 series too.

200-roof-rack-aspire-mtn_600x.jpg

lc3-jpg.2895942
1661908286465-jpeg.3101806
37f952f1-7225-43a6-b277-ebc0ff1c38ae-jpeg.3101803

If ordered, are they in stock? Or how long until I get it?

I am sure you are down the line at this stage, but I am expecting to see mine sometime this summer based on how long it took for my front and rear bumpers to be built.

If ordered, are they in stock? Or how long until I get it?
I am sure you are down the line at this stage, but I am expecting to see mine sometime this summer based on how long it took for my front and rear bumpers to be built.

Shooting for 6-8 weeks lead time on these.

Curiously what this roof rack does ?

I’ve strapped a metric sh*t load to the factory uzj rack with 2x4 wood and twine
I like the Dissent’s RTT bars that make it much easier to put on and take off my roof top tent and not fiddle with hardware beneath the tent.
I just have to undo 8 bolts that are easily assessable. The awning attachments are really nice too. Sadly my garage isn’t tall enough to let me leave it on all the time. Plus the awning mounts are really handy.

45EABA54-A6DE-4A19-980A-DF0970A98E2D.jpeg
I like the Dissent’s RTT bars that make it much easier to put on and take off my roof top tent and not fiddle with hardware beneath the tent.
I just have to undo 8 bolts that are easily assessable. The awning attachments are really nice too. Sadly my garage isn’t tall enough to let me leave it on all the time. Plus the awning mounts are really handy.
What RTT?

I barely fit into mine with a lift, 35’s my backbone + alu-cab load bars and Alu-cab gen3 tent (11.2” tall closed)

I’m hoping to swap to this dissent rack and a James baroud RTT, nervous I won’t fit without swapping tires (which I’m fine doing just not ideal).

Last edited:
I have an Antidote Outdoors XL aluminum clamshell. I got it since the are in Anaheim so I got the local’s discount and could pick it up at their HQ to save on shipping.

Alright!!! Picked up my roof rack from UPS on Wednesday. Finally started and tackled it this evening. Put the kids down and finished the dissent piece of the install this evening. Took 4 hours, did it solo, wish I had a second hand for lifting it up on the roof.

Wow wow wow! This thing was so easy to install. I was intimidated at first as 100+ bolts poured out of the bag with a schedule of parts. Just grab anti-seize, silicone and get to it.

Staged mine on my back porch table and got to work. The instructions were easy. Really wish I had instructions for my front and rear dissent bumper like this.

All in all, photos sucks because it’s night — I’ll get my RTT on this Tuesday, and update with more pics. Can’t figure out how to mount my light currently, it’s shorter than the opening/slot.

This damn thing was easier than my Rhino Rack backbone.

638FC542-E301-4798-B862-DFE6E95F5037.jpeg

E402DA0E-C7A7-41D8-AC06-192918CA499C.jpeg

8E3185B8-D2B5-43CA-A071-B42D3BDFE3FE.jpeg

E74F7DE3-C008-4F29-BA65-50ED66E85636.jpeg

59D567EA-D9E0-4E79-8064-BFC6DFFAFDEF.jpeg

Ben definitely nailed the body lines on this design. Powdered finish looks nice.

What’s up with the 6 month wait?

Looking forward to the installed rtt

Whelp, the Alu-Cab RTT and Dissent rack don’t play very nicely together.

The underneath mount track is BARELY too wide for the dissent load bars. Will take some thought to work out a proper solution. Need to look up the thread of another guy who figured this out himself and try to work towards that solution.

I do not want to mount the standard Alu-Cab load bars to the dissent rack, because right now I fit into my garage with under an inch to spare. The load bars are an inch …

D4452D11-C83B-4EA7-8E97-9F9FEC7A563A.jpeg

If the dissent load bars ran all the way to the edge of the frame, they would work.

A9827DE1-9E29-463F-A2FA-BF816A7802B1.jpeg

Don’t love this detail, only cutout I have that looks like this:

image.jpg

^ rough edge cutout

Last edited:
I was able to use my standard Alu-Cab mounts to get the tent on top of my truck. However, I don't love the way they are connected. Getting some movement when I push up on the tent. I will probably continue to explore other brackets to try and get this thing as stable as possible.

Looks pretty sweet though, can't wait to get the Stedi light going in front of the rack.

499A4FAB-859E-4A20-8817-88CA2B496D45.jpeg

FE47B424-4C83-48BC-8AFC-06998EE13532.jpeg

Dissent's RTT mount bars would fix the issue you are having, but it will increase the overall height of your truck with the tent mounted.

It doesn't seem that Dissent is currently offering these mounts on their website.

Alright!!! Picked up my roof rack from UPS on Wednesday. Finally started and tackled it this evening. Put the kids down and finished the dissent piece of the install this evening. Took 4 hours, did it solo, wish I had a second hand for lifting it up on the roof.

Wow wow wow! This thing was so easy to install. I was intimidated at first as 100+ bolts poured out of the bag with a schedule of parts. Just grab anti-seize, silicone and get to it.

Staged mine on my back porch table and got to work. The instructions were easy. Really wish I had instructions for my front and rear dissent bumper like this.

All in all, photos sucks because it’s night — I’ll get my RTT on this Tuesday, and update with more pics. Can’t figure out how to mount my light currently, it’s shorter than the opening/slot.

This damn thing was easier than my Rhino Rack backbone.

View attachment 3339872

View attachment 3339873

View attachment 3339874

View attachment 3339875

View attachment 3339876
How does it compare to the Rhino Rack Backbone?

Anybody install anything, some kinda rubber edge guard along this sharp edge to make it easier to grab? I wish these parts were more rounded and refined, it really does a number on your hands if you’re using this roof rack a lot.

82E0CC8D-EA5C-4B61-821C-7D639F66AAE8.jpeg

How does it compare to the Rhino Rack Backbone?

Same rigidity, so much more flexibility.

I have my alu-cab tent currently off the truck and my ski rack mounted to the top. It was a piece of cake to get the Thule ski rack mounted up there.

We had a hard time fitting everything in the truck from Christmas returning to Denver from Park City this week - threw a contractor bag around my luggage, bungee'd it down and traveled across Colorado with the luggage up top. It's been a great addition to the rig, happy I moved on.

Dissent's RTT mount bars would fix the issue you are having, but it will increase the overall height of your truck with the tent mounted.

It doesn't seem that Dissent is currently offering these mounts on their website.
The bars can be ordered via email. I ordered a pair this past Spring/Summer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom