Dissent offroad modular aluminum roof rack. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

benc

Supporting Vendor
Threads
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hi guys,
The new dissent offroad roof rack is finally here!
Many got a chance to see the first one in person at hih7.
I will be finalizing all the cad files this week and start production on the first 20 racks.
I would say about 3-5 weeks until the racks start shipping.

Here are some details and pricing on the current options.
There are many more options in the works! Some include quick mount rtt load bars, quick mount accessories tray for rotopax, maxtracks, axe, shovel, ect, aluminum dry box,
Roof basket and many more.
I still need to get the final weight but it's looking like the entire rack will weigh in around 40 lbs!
It's cnc cut and formed from 5052 aluminum with 4 fixed load bars that tie into all 8 factoy mouting points and one front load bar at the faring for a total of 5, additional ajustable load bars can be purchased separately. There are several slotted holes for endless accessory mouting options
6 nut plates will be included and more can be purchased separately, these allow for easy bolting of accessories through the slots on the load bars.
All hardware is pressed into the rack no wrench is needed on the back side during assembly or when mouting accessories to the outer fairings.
I have high rise awning brackets that work great with a Rtt.
Please let me know if you guys have any questions or would like to order.

Pricing.
Aluminum modular roof rack,
Includes 8 mouting brackets, 4 load bars, side skirting, rear fairing and your choice of solid or light bar fairing.
Light bar fairing will fit most 42" light bars.
Includes stainless hardware for roof mounts and grade 8 for rack.
Black textured powder coat (excluding load bars)
$1000
Flat rate shipping to the lower 48 $75
Custom colors and installation available for local pick up.
Additional load bars $55
Additional nut plates $10 each
Upgrade to all stainless hardware $35
High rise awning brackets $95
Quick mount rtt load bars $125
Quick accessory mount $tbd
Roof basket $tbd
Dry box $tbd
Rear roller $tbd
High lift mount $tbd.
I am now taking orders so if you would like to get in on the first 20 please email me your contact/shipping info along with what options your looking at for the rack. And I will get back to you with shipping cost and payment instructions.
Pics of the Tacoma for reference on some options, better pics to come.

Thanks!
Ben.

Last edited:
How tight does the front fairing seal to the cab? How is the wind noise? Looks like I'm up to almost the purchase cost of my truck when i drop the change for all of your pieces! Can't wait to have the cash in hand to send your way!

This rack is incredible. I spent more than a few minutes in awe at HIH. Truly innovative design and completely unique look.

I was going to ask if SS hardware all over was an option and I see it is. Would there be an option to have button head hardware only on the exterior surfaces to clean it up even further?

I had all but written off a roof rack due to my low clearance garage/lift, but this has me considering a rack again due to the low clearance.

Nice work, Ben. This is one of the most exciting innovations on the 100 series in my book. You've done it again.

I'm anxious to see a powder coated pic!

Same here...would love to see the black powder coated one. And maybe a special discount to the first few that commit to buying. :grinpimp:

if you get one with the light bar cut out if you do not have a light bar installed will it increase wind noise ?

I saw this in person and it is fantastic. With Ben's super smart brain, I can only imagine the stuff he make to go with this rack. He is already going to get my money for bumpers, and may get money for this as well. Under 40 lbs is fantastic. The guy who had it on his 100 said multiple times that there is no wind noise. That front fairing is (at least in the prototype) so close to the truck, there is a rubber seal on the edge and it hugs the roof line perfectly. Like everything else Ben makes, you would have to be pretty nit picky to find anything to complain about with his roof rack.

Now if I can only fall backwards into that pile of money somewhere...

Beautiful. Can't wait to see one of these powder-coated.

How tight does the front fairing seal to the cab? How is the wind noise? Looks like I'm up to almost the purchase cost of my truck when i drop the change for all of your pieces! Can't wait to have the cash in hand to send your way!
There is a rubber seal to the cab, the report back after a couple thousand miles is no wind noise.
This is with no light bar and the light bar would likely add a little wind noise.

This rack is incredible. I spent more than a few minutes in awe at HIH. Truly innovative design and completely unique look.

I was going to ask if SS hardware all over was an option and I see it is. Would there be an option to have button head hardware only on the exterior surfaces to clean it up even further?

I had all but written off a roof rack due to my low clearance garage/lift, but this has me considering a rack again due to the low clearance.

Nice work, Ben. This is one of the most exciting innovations on the 100 series in my book. You've done it again.

I'm anxious to see a powder coated pic!
Thanks!
I will likely not supply button head hardware as more care has to be taken to not strip out the heads but I could give a list needed and deduct my hardware kit off the price if needed.

Same here...would love to see the black powder coated one. And maybe a special discount to the first few that commit to buying. :grinpimp:
Hopfully I will have one coated soon. Unfortunately I don't have much room on these for discounts Sorry.

if you get one with the light bar cut out if you do not have a light bar installed will it increase wind noise ?
Possibly, the light bar attaches to the fairing so your best bet would be to get both fairings and swap them out, takes about 2 min to swap out with a cordless impact.

I saw this in person and it is fantastic. With Ben's super smart brain, I can only imagine the stuff he make to go with this rack. He is already going to get my money for bumpers, and may get money for this as well. Under 40 lbs is fantastic. The guy who had it on his 100 said multiple times that there is no wind noise. That front fairing is (at least in the prototype) so close to the truck, there is a rubber seal on the edge and it hugs the roof line perfectly. Like everything else Ben makes, you would have to be pretty nit picky to find anything to complain about with his roof rack.

Now if I can only fall backwards into that pile of money somewhere...
Thanks Aaron!!

Someday I'm going to show up at your house with enough cash to buy a whole new 100, and we'll just make mine look really good instead. Seriously though, your products look amazing.
I tried to buy his last 100, it was fantastic...but banks don't finance hopes and dreams apparently.

any worries about the front gasket rubbing though the paint ?
I wouldn't think so as the rack it bolted solid to the cab.
If it were a concern the brackets are ajustable so the rack could be raised 1/4" and remove the gasket.

The demo truck (with the rotopax) has 7 crossbars right? Can you show what a "nut plate" is? I am having a hard time seeing how they come into play in the wide shots.

how is sunroof functionality affected by the addition of extra load bars?

The demo truck (with the rotopax) has 7 crossbars right? Can you show what a "nut plate" is? I am having a hard time seeing how they come into play in the wide shots.
I'll try and get a pic of the nuts plates later.
You don't reall see them as they are on the bottom side of the slots on the load bars.

Yes the demo has additional load bars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom