Dissent offroad 45x60 Quonset hut build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

benc

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey guys, figured I would start a thread on the shop I have been building for the last year.

The building is almost finished now and will be tied into an existing 25x40 shop with a 10x25 welding booth in between the two.
So far I have added a plasma table, multiple different welders, 6' cnc press brake, time saver debur machine, jd squared model 54 bender, 2 post lift and basic hand tools.

I didn't get great pics of the erecting but here's what I have.

Getting the end walls up and sided.
IMG_0086.JPG

Made a sign for above the door.
IMG_0121.PNG

Getting the inside of the end walls finished up.
IMG_0134.JPG
IMG_0135.JPG

Lift installed.
IMG_0136.JPG

Installed the plasma table.
IMG_0242.JPG

One of my employees built this suction cup lift for the fork lift! So far we have loaded a 5x10 1/2" sheets on the table without issues. Also built this table and stools that I still need to finish.
IMG_0293.JPG
IMG_0267.JPG

Cut and cleaned some logs from the property for the entry to the welding room.
IMG_0765.JPG

Doing some organizing in the old shop building.
IMG_1406.JPG

Installed a 7x12 hood over the plasma, we use 2 large swamp coolers, reversed the motors so they are pulling air out through the pads to filter. Still need to duct them to the hood and add some lights underneath. Also got the press brake area set up with some custom aluminum handling carts and a custom cart for all the brake tooling. Also got the electric done on the back wall with a phase converter for the brake and time saver.
IMG_1493.JPG
IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1494.JPG

Looks great. Nice clean shop.

Beautiful set up! Going to have to venture West someday for a factory tour.

Beautiful craftsmanship on that flag mate

Finished up the hood tonight!
Works great, no more fumes in the shop when cutting.
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_1505.JPG

Nice work with the hood. Do you have a water table under that plasma? Curious what brand the plasma table is as well.

Nice work with the hood. Do you have a water table under that plasma? Curious what brand the plasma table is as well.
Thanks.
Yes, there is a water table but it just wasn't cutting it for the fumes and dust.
The table is an archlight dynamics 5x10.

nice shop, any idea what it cost you per sq foot for the shop with concrete?
I believe I'm in the building about 40k.
I did everything myself except the concrete. I had a friend do that and got a good price. I also picked up the building for cheep off Craigslist.

IMG_1779.JPG
IMG_1781.JPG
IMG_1780.JPG
Finished converting the open breezeway into 2 welding rooms, one for aluminum and one for steel.
Still waiting on the second welding table.

IMG_1776.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom