Dissent offroad 200 series offerings. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Randomly crapping all over a vendor's products in that vendor's dedicated thread is (at the absolute minimum) rude and in poor form. If this was a general thread comparing different bumpers, by all means, state your mind, but what was posted earlier is simply not cool.

For what little it's worth, I think Dissent's offerings are fantastic. If I wanted a bumper right now, that is the only option I'd consider.

Randomly crapping all over a vendor's products in that vendor's dedicated thread is (at the absolute minimum) rude and in poor form. If this was a general thread comparing different bumpers, by all means, state your mind, but what was posted earlier is simply not cool.

For what little it's worth, I think Dissent's offerings are fantastic. If I wanted a bumper right now, that is the only option I'd consider.
Agree. I didn’t even realize this was his thread until you just pointed it out ☹ His other products look good, just not a fan of his front bumper ✌🏼

Yeah, it doesn’t add much additional noise. You can hear it outside the cabin a little, but inside it’s pretty much the same.

What’s the best way to finish it off?
Weld on a slightly downturn tip? Or add piping to the edge of the bumper like OEM?

I gotta be honest, with those Trax bolted down like that requiring a wrench to get them off and use them, I'd be contantaly thinking "Do I really wanna go down that road? I might have to get the toolset out and get the Trax down.":)

I know that easier options would make it easier to get them stolen but I'm just thinking I'd really hate to deal with that in the off-chance I, or someone else, gets stuck. Perhaps other folks on here have a better option? Not trying to throw shade. Love your truck and rack as well.

I gotta be honest, with those Trax bolted down like that requiring a wrench to get them off and use them, I'd be contantaly thinking "Do I really wanna go down that road? I might have to get the toolset out and get the Trax down.":)

I know that easier options would make it easier to get them stolen but I'm just thinking I'd really hate to deal with that in the off-chance I, or someone else, gets stuck. Perhaps other folks on here have a better option? Not trying to throw shade. Love your truck and rack as well.

they’ll be getting replaced with knobs eventually. No shade at all. I’ll go for secure and not having dirty items inside the truck at the expense of having to take 4 nuts off. What is it, less than 30 seconds a nut? If someone is stuck e Pugh to warrant the tracks, you usually aren’t in a hurry as it is.

on my last vehicle I had the maxtrax branded mountingbolts, a nice solution for about $60.

One thing we did on rally cars for stuff that needed to remove fairly quickly but also need to be mounted securely is weld thin rod onto a nut in a v shape to make easy to remove wing nut type fasteners. You don't need a tool to remove them. Something like that would work great here.

Like this:
35F8F439-9002-401A-B43D-70D20AF0A293.jpeg

I just use regular wing nuts when I mount mine on the rack. Easy on, easy off. You can always secure them with a locking cable.

Honestly though, I rarely mount them on the rack anymore. I have found that the few times I have needed them were among the least convenient times to have to access the roof rack.

Reactions: dmc
What’s the best way to finish it off?
Weld on a slightly downturn tip? Or add piping to the edge of the bumper like OEM?

Yeah, I just had an extension added on and turned down. You definitely want to be careful not to burn up any wiring nearby, but a small down facing angle should do the trick.

Yeah, I just had an extension added on and turned down. You definitely want to be careful not to burn up any wiring nearby, but a small down facing angle should do the trick.

Thanks for the tip. Would you happen to have a pic of how it all looks like from the cutoff line and on?

Let’s get this thread back on track with some new lc200 products! Here is our New full replacement bumper in the works for the 16+! We will have a full bull bar option for this one as well.
12803C6D-A395-46EA-9D79-BD8C42AFA168.jpeg
F92678B0-4286-42CA-A28C-B07529969B33.jpeg
E8CBB38F-8034-420E-BDE2-EA2001A76E76.jpeg
DCB4BDE2-DB52-44CB-9E93-4D34A1E4B6DC.jpeg
479873A5-9E37-4AA1-A472-459CEB5EE938.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks awesome Ben. How different is the profile of the bumper from the standard one you have been making? The lines seem slightly different.

:clap:

That's the rack I've been waiting for to put on my Silver 2013 LC200. Please keep us posted on availability!

It's been 18 months since I posted that - any update on the availability of the roof rack? All I see on the site is for 100 series :frown:

It's been 18 months since I posted that - any update on the availability of the roof rack? All I see on the site is for 100 series :frown:
Working on it! Unfortunately we haven’t been able to get caught up enough yet but I think we are close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom