Dissent Bumpers & Color (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agreed they're a work of art. The modular design could go *horribly* wrong if the pieces aren't made well. Mine went together wonderfully. It was amazing how many different pieces fit together so well. It really speaks to Ben's manufacturing methods and attention to detail. Out of thick aluminum, no less.

For those that haven't dealt with it, please don't imagine parts not fitting and holes not lining up. That's not the case at all. It all fits together like a glove.
I took an entire weekend to take off my OEM bumpers and test fit all my Dissent stuff uncoated....because I come from a car background and I am just used to "aftermarket" stuff not fitting right and needing a tweak here and there, even when you have no budget and buy the absolute best stuff on the market, some things need to be tweaked or modified from my experience.... NOT the case with Dissent. I literally did not touch a single thing because everything fit so well. I then took it all off and had it powdercoated. I guess you can call it a waste of time but the last thing I want is to spend an arm and a leg on powdercoating and having stuff not fit. Dissent is high quality stuff, some of the best I have seen.

I took an entire weekend to take off my OEM bumpers and test fit all my Dissent stuff uncoated....because I come from a car background and I am just used to "aftermarket" stuff not fitting right and needing a tweak here and there, even when you have no budget and buy the absolute best stuff on the market, some things need to be tweaked or modified from my experience.... NOT the case with Dissent. I literally did not touch a single thing because everything fit so well. I then took it all off and had it powdercoated. I guess you can call it a waste of time but the last thing I want is to spend an arm and a leg on powdercoating and having stuff not fit. Dissent is high quality stuff, some of the best I have seen.

Tht last thing I'd want is to spend an arm and a leg on powder coating then whack the crap out of it when I'm on the trail. 😉

I've got nothing bad to say about the bumper. I'm a big fan. It's beautifully designed, appears to be very well built, and looks great. No need to get panties in a bunch because someone online thought it had too many pieces 😁

Picked up from shop today. $400 for front and rear. BK01

will start assembly hopefully next week as truck is in shop and waiting in air lockers to be installed.

Just finished up front and rear bumper. Also added Icon's and new shoes as well as front and rear ARB locker

IMG_2146 2.jpeg

IMG_4021 2.jpeg

IMG_2154 2.jpeg

Just finished up the Rigid Light Bar, bullet lights and rear license plate. Not the original topic of this thread but maybe helpful for someone installing dissent gear.

1. In the picture above, the front faring is on backwards(makes it impossible to install the light), new pic attached
2. The bracket to attach the winch motor in the front bumper is also attached. Wasn't clear in the instructions but Ben got me straightened out

62309871714__A0CFE262-A50F-4509-AAF8-B6C0EA68962F-preview.JPG

Lightbar.jpg

So as not to create a new thread, this is tangentially related to original post

I already have an ARB front, and am planning on getting a Dissent rear. I know the bumpers typically don’t ship powder coated but it’s my understanding it’s possible for it to be shipped that way. Most of the local powder coating shops have standard hours and my job unfortunately makes it difficult to get things done if not on weekend, so hoping to save a step.

My question is: does the standard Dissent black powder coat closely approximate the ARB? I don’t necessarily need it perfect but would prefer it not to be very noticeably different.

So as not to create a new thread, this is tangentially related to original post

I already have an ARB front, and am planning on getting a Dissent rear. I know the bumpers typically don’t ship powder coated but it’s my understanding it’s possible for it to be shipped that way. Most of the local powder coating shops have standard hours and my job unfortunately makes it difficult to get things done if not on weekend, so hoping to save a step.

My question is: does the standard Dissent black powder coat closely approximate the ARB? I don’t necessarily need it perfect but would prefer it not to be very noticeably different.
Dissent does their own powdercoating in-house now. Just call ben and I am sure they can coat the bumper whatever color you tell them (satin black,textured black, etc.) I believe they use Cardinal powdercoat still.

I wish it wasn’t modular.

be sure to include all nuts, bolts and washers for powder coating.
Why do the nuts & bolts have to be powder coated? Would that make it difficult to thread in/out? I'll be dropping off my rear at the powder coater next week and am curious why you said that.

Why do the nuts & bolts have to be powder coated? Would that make it difficult to thread in/out? I'll be dropping off my rear at the powder coater next week and am curious why you said that.
Maybe he meant zinc coating for the bolts?
3AC864AD-14AF-4C5C-9620-CF0FCD7FC601.png

Reactions: LCT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom