Dissent Bumpers & Color (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got the following gear headed my way and need some input on color schemes. LC is an 03, paint code 1D2

1. Dissent Aluminum Ultra High Clearance Bumper with 3x3 rigid lights, bullet lights, small stinger
2. Dissent Aluminum rear bumper with tire carrier and aluminum riser and flip up table
3. Dissent Roof Rack - already powder coated black (BK01 I assume)

I've got 4 options I can think of and Im sure there will be many more. Any ideas on what one would think would look best. I know it's personal preference but if I had a preference and had conviction I wouldn't be asking. So... help/advice appreciated

1. Paint/Powder coat everything black (BK01)
2. Some ideas floating around on an Evo Gray and Black combination. Evo Gray on the center & wings and BK01 (satin texture black) on the caps, top plates, and frame brackets
3. Same as #2 but try and match the 1D2 code on the LC instead of Evo Gray
4. All Evo Gray or 1D2 match

Input appreciated

IMG_1547.jpeg

Color Code.jpg

I went through this dilemma a little while back and did everything in black powdercoat. Wouldn’t do it any other way now that I’ve seen it in person. Most people just do black.

what was the powdercoat actual color? BK01?

Well, my Dissent roof rack came powdercoated like yours. For everything else I went with Prismatic Black Diamond:

It's got a tiny bit more texture/sheen than the powder Dissent uses if you really put the parts next to each other, otherwise it's a very close match. Been super durable thus far and I couldn't be happier.

I actually took a piece of the Dissent roof rack and brought with me to the powder coater and “Black Diamond” was the closest match Prismatic had to the color Dissent uses (which is a different brand of powder....Cardinal powder coat).

If you like the way the roof rack looks then maybe find a powder coater that uses Cardinal. My place only uses Prismatic and they’re by far the best place I’ve found within 75 miles of Chicago who have done work for me in the past.

E24B68A0-F80F-4A29-9D7E-0450E223E51D.jpeg

82E6130D-75F1-4D6B-9EFF-1AEF49851554.jpeg

B37A3671-C107-488F-B251-E23EE51E4499.jpeg

5D37AF1B-3FBA-41F8-969C-8A258838534B.jpeg

How much did
I actually took a piece of the Dissent roof rack and brought with me to the powder coater and “Black Diamond” was the closest match Prismatic had to the color Dissent uses (which is a different brand of powder....Cardinal powder coat).

If you like the way the roof rack looks then maybe find a powder coater that uses Cardinal. My place only uses Prismatic and they’re by far the best place I’ve found within 75 miles of Chicago who have done work for me in the past.

View attachment 2412820

View attachment 2412821

View attachment 2412822

View attachment 2412824
how much did that cost you to get powder coated?

How much did

how much did that cost you to get powder coated?
It was like $1,200 or slightly less. However the front bumper is aluminum so requires less material (no primer) and I had 4 RLCA skid plates and a pair of rear shock skids and a few other small items thrown into the mix.

I went through this dilemma a little while back and did everything in black powdercoat. Wouldn’t do it any other way now that I’ve seen it in person. Most people just do black.
Same thing for me here. Why do you say wouldn't do it any other way?

very nice!

I wish it wasn’t modular.

be sure to include all nuts, bolts and washers for powder coating.

This was a factor for me when I was shopping for rear bumpers. I love the Dissents, they're beautiful pieces of equipment, but I wasn't trying to deal with a 200 piece puzzle for install.

I wish it wasn’t modular.

be sure to include all nuts, bolts and washers for powder coating.

Really? Why no love for the modularity? I think that's a big driver for Dissent's success.

I've installed a traditional rear and the Dissent rear. I'd much prefer to install a modular design again over the ridiculously heavy and awkward single-piece welded units. It's a few extra nuts and bolts, but the detriment of extra parts to manage is more than made up for in the ease of install and replace-ability aspect, IMO.
I spy aluminum! Nice!

The guys bitching about it being too much trouble to piece together these bumpers....are you kidding me? How do you even work on your trucks? How do you do anything? These Dissent pieces are a work of art and everything fits beautifully, really a joy to assemble. I can think of a million things that are more of a PITA than installing "puzzle" piece bumpers.

The guys bitching about it being too much trouble to piece together these bumpers....are you kidding me? How do you even work on your trucks? How do you do anything? These Dissent pieces are a work of art and everything fits beautifully, really a joy to assemble. I can think of a million things that are more of a PITA than installing "puzzle" piece bumpers.
Agreed they're a work of art. The modular design could go *horribly* wrong if the pieces aren't made well. Mine went together wonderfully. It was amazing how many different pieces fit together so well. It really speaks to Ben's manufacturing methods and attention to detail. Out of thick aluminum, no less.

For those that haven't dealt with it, please don't imagine parts not fitting and holes not lining up. That's not the case at all. It all fits together like a glove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom