DISREGARD. I figured it out. Asking for help-Looking for a "hot" wire in the Tailgate area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm installing LED lights in my upper tailgate to light up the rear when I am camping/cooking at night. I have everything ready, but I can't seem to find a "hot" wire in the tailgate area to tap into for power. I was hoping to have an option here so that I don't have to run the "ACC" just to run the lights and thereby reducing draw on the battery. Any ideas? I can run a wire into the cabin and up to a fuse box, but getting through the weatherproof wire loom is going to be very difficult.

Nevermind. I figured it out. I used the power from the third dome light and ran the wire through the weatherproof boot at the top of the liftgate.
IMG_5568.jpg

IMG_5569.jpg

Whether you like it or not, your new tailgate lights will shut-off after 20minutes or so.

There's a timer, which is good because you won't kill your battery by leaving your dome lights on. But if you want it on longer than 20-25 minutes, you'll have to "reset" the timer by closing all the doors and/or switching the ignition on/off (I forget) or... you'll have to wire to another power source.

There's a timer, which is good because you won't kill your battery by leaving your dome lights on. But if you want it on longer than 20-25 minutes, you'll have to "reset" the timer by closing all the doors and/or switching the ignition on/off (I forget) or... you'll have to wire to another power source.
OK. thanks for the tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom