Display Screen Auto Day / Night Mode (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaTrk

SILVER Star
Threads
298DA4F9-1C87-4817-8698-88685555BE76.jpeg
I really like the auto mode when the center display screen switches automatically between day and night mode. But it seems mine is a little wonkie - around sundown it seems to bounce back and forth between day and night modes until it’s more dark than not. For instance last night around dusk it switched between day and night mode about 6 times during a 10 minute ride. Can anyone tell me if the arrowhead sections in below attachment allows for adjusting screen day / night sensitivity or is it for other lighting? Is there anyway to adjust the sensitivity?

There’s a brightness controller to the left of the steering column. You can twist it to adjust brightness to the auto mode and if you aren’t happy with it keep twisting right to lock it to day mode/bright.

There’s a brightness controller to the left of the steering column. You can twist it to adjust brightness to the auto mode and if you aren’t happy with it keep twisting right to lock it to day mode/bright.
thanks. im trying to figure out how to use the night mode in auto but have it stop from switching back and forth. can't figure out how. do you know if the above page references adjustments to sensitivity for switching?

At the bottom of the owners manual page you posted, you see " - - O". Go back to the starting page for custom adjustments and you'll find the dashes mean no adjustment possible, and the "O" means (CRS attack now) either you can diy it or it needs to be done by a dealer or somebody else with TIS.

hth

Steve

I’m afraid I don’t as I’ve never been too bothered about the sensitivity enough to reset it. I leave it in day mode when it does that on me until after sunset before switching it back.

At the bottom of the owners manual page you posted, you see " - - O". Go back to the starting page for custom adjustments and you'll find the dashes mean no adjustment possible, and the "O" means (CRS attack now) either you can diy it or it needs to be done by a dealer or somebody else with TIS.

hth

Steve
tks. whats TIS stand for? Yeah those last 2 sections is what I was wondering about - what they apply to exactly - the dash or the center screen or what. The dealer checked with service and they say none of it can be adjusted. When I mention the manual, they say not all the stuff in the manual is for my model. Yep again on the "o" - dealer adjust is possible - if they only knew what for :). Guess ill wait till it goes in unless I can find a way to do it myself. Crazy.

"TIS" is the Toyota Information System, formerly known as Tech Stream...search here.

562BEFF7-8EF4-4AF2-BC1A-B802D029E22D.png
"TIS" is the Toyota Information System, formerly known as Tech Stream...search here.
Tks. I’ll try more tomorrow, curious now. I tried TIS and Toyota Information System. Must be doing it wron - I get about 900 hits but only yours on the info. I must be doing it wrong. Tks.

Went to dealer to have them Ck. The Nitro fill [ another story there], and they were nice enough to hook it up and check some settings. Pretty sure they changed all 3here with the arrows from normal to Dark2. Anyhow, no more switching back and fort

6254C2D6-C101-4018-BE54-11808898B7FE.jpeg

Went to dealer to have them Ck. The Nitro fill [ another story there], and they were nice enough to hook it up and check some settings. Pretty sure they changed all 3here with the arrows from normal to Dark2. Anyhow, no more switching back and fort

View attachment 1806547
so i guess i was wrong. it seems the changes the tech did made no difference. it seems that until today i didnt drive in dusk as when i headed out this late afternoon, dark time, the screens starting changing back and forth again. Can anyone by chance tell me what the settings are for - the ones with the arrows? The head tech that did the changes told me he wasnt sure but made the changes as to try trial and error.

so i guess i was wrong. it seems the changes the tech did made no difference. it seems that until today i didnt drive in dusk as when i headed out this late afternoon, dark time, the screens starting changing back and forth again. Can anyone by chance tell me what the settings are for - the ones with the arrows? The head tech that did the changes told me he wasnt sure but made the changes as to try trial and error.
so I heard back from the TIS people and they won't tell me what the lines mean / control as I dont have the software so they weren't very helpful. They told me I could get a subscription to look at the manual for the software but I dont see that subscription option. can anyone with the program help tell me what the lines mean and control? Tks in advance.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom