Disney Rocks February 9-10th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A friend and I will be coming with our 80s. Be there Friday evening.

Are 60's ok? I wouldnt want to be an embarrassment to a fancy group of 80's:rolleyes:

Shoot, yeah.

A friggin Kia could wheel with aikirilo.

(edited: a jab at aikirilo only, if that wasn't obvious, NOT 60S, and we're all in Pink Panty 80s, too)

For that matter, I may be wheeling the FJC with a wounded CV if I can't get a small issue resolved before.

If I can get my ducks in a row I would like to come down and play with you OKIES!

I am trying to get everything squared away to make the meeting tonight. Yet to make one since I joined in August or Sept last year.

Wife is mad because I told her last night I wanted to take her 80 down. She has errands to run this evening and doesn't like giving up her 80!

If I can get my leggs working I might be able to bring my powder puff over - at the moment I'm not real confident I'll be doing anything this weekend except bed rest. It is going to be like learning to wheel all over again going from solid axles 37's and lockers to 31.5" street treads Ifs and open diffs - oh and a body I actually care for.

What time are you planning on hitting the trails on Saturday?

REKCUT said:
What time are you planning on hitting the trails on Saturday?

Unsure, but betting a lot of time will be spent below spillway dam.

I'm heading up in the morning, but other guys will be there this afternoon. Be easy to spot

hope to see some photos. I really wanted to try and make it my leggd said no.

Mechanical issues kept me away.

Only two I've been sent.

aikirilo's

image-1938363561.jpg

merryweather's

image-1601456725.jpg

The video of the carnage a little more dramatic than the pic of the bent drag link.

image-1938363561.jpg

image-1601456725.jpg

Last edited:
We have been pressing a solid piece of spring steel in the middle of the link to keep that from happening.

The video of the carnage a little more dramatic than the pic of the bent drag link.

Hopefully Kelly can post the high quality version of the video. It felt pretty dramatic from the driver's seat.

Wish I would have run into you guys Saturday. We didn't get down there until around 2 pm. Went into Hogan's Camp and saw some 80's played a little on the rock garden with them. Were any of you guys in that group. We were in a red 78 fj40.

Wanted to do some exploring so we went down to the trails. Did some great climbs and exploring. Raining pretty good so we thought we would head back.

Went through a hole that I had no idea it was that deep. I got nervous water was going to come in intake. Stopped and threw it into reverse:doh::doh::doh:

You guessed it clutch got wet. Shut her off, got out in waist to belly deep water. It was cold, very cold. Winch was under water but finally got the hand control hooked up. Dragged out all the cable around a tree and started winching. When I realized that the hole wasn't any deeper (COULD HAVE MADE IT IF I HAD NOT STOPPED:bang:) Started her back up as not to run battery down while winching. Cable was getting spooled up on one side so got back into water to guide cable in and kept winching (Had a ton of cable out).

I got her out but realized 40 had died while winching her out. Went to start her but she wouldn't start. Had to go ask some Heep guys for a jump start. When they found out I was driving a fj40 the phone camera's came out and all kinds of picture taking happened.:bang:

We had to use ether to get her started. I'm assuming that when the fan came out of the water (Clutch on fan) it must have splashed water up into the intake. Clutch was so wet we ended up having to get towed by a Heep.:bang:

Oh man that sounds rough! Glad you made it out with everything except your pride ;)

Shoot I was just joking. I got stuck in a mudhole at Keystone on Saturday... had to have two high school kids in a Chevy rescue me.

No I was saying the insult is having heeps rescue you. You know they were loving it!

They were loving it all right!

I couldn't figure out why my clutch kept slipping. I had a hard time loading it on the trailer. Monday I unloaded it and clutch was still slipping. Had a few minutes tonight and pulled it in. Crawled under it and the clutch was pretty dusty with sand. Took an air hose to it having another guy working the clutch in an out while I blew air in there. I would bump it over a couple of times to rotate it and continue. Did this for approximately 15 minutes and you would not believe the fine particles of sand that came out.

Took it out and clutch performed perfect. Evidently the fine sand was acting like marbles or ball bearings on the clutch. It was a relief to get her back especially with the snow coming in I might be able to get out and play on the way to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom