disconnecting my sway bars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have quick disconnects for the front sway bars. what is your opinion on disconnecting your rear sway bars while only on trail. what do you think the disadvantages or advantages are to not using sway bars on technical trails

I think the rear helps keep it not feel so "tippy" and unstable. Then again, I think without the rear at all you would have smoother articulation and therefore having a smoother ride. from my experience it feels unstable without the rear OR having a stock rear sway bar with a vehicle thats much heavier than stock.

Just my thoughts...

*EDIT* Corrected - NO gain in articulation with rear removed.

Last edited:
i have quick disconnects for the front sway bars. what is your opinion on disconnecting your rear sway bars while only on trail. what do you think the disadvantages or advantages are to not using sway bars on technical trails
This has been discussed thoroughly. See if you can search and find the debates. Plenty of experienced info.

🍻

I think the rear helps keep it not feel so "tippy" and unstable. Then again, I think without the rear at all you would have smoother articulation and therefore having a smoother ride. from my experience it feels unstable without the rear OR having a stock rear sway bar with a vehicle thats much heavier than stock.

Just my thoughts...
Thanks for the response good information

There are no gains in articulation with the rear sway disconnected, The only advantage is if you remove it all together there is more ground clearance at the rear axle.

There are no gains in articulation with the rear sway disconnected, The only advantage is if you remove it all together there is more ground clearance at the rear axle.
This is true in a 'how flexed out can my rig get' sense of the word but the roll resistance within normal parameters will be reduced without a sway bar.

I like sway bars

This is true in a 'how flexed out can my rig get' sense of the word but the roll resistance within normal parameters will be reduced without a sway bar.

I like sway bars
I believe you’re saying without sway bars I’m more likely to roll is that correct

I also prefer to keep the rear bar in. It reduces the body roll so the vehicle won't flop from one side to the other as the body weight crosses the COG.

I think it also forces the front radius arms to articulate more with the rear bar in, and front disconnected. So with rear sway bar, you may gain some front articulation

I agree, you don't gain any rear suspension travel as long as you have extended sway bar links to match any lift you have

I also prefer to keep the rear bar in. It reduces the body roll so the vehicle won't flop from one side to the other as the body weight crosses the COG.

I think it also forces the front radius arms to articulate more with the rear bar in, and front disconnected. So with rear sway bar, you may gain some front articulation

I agree, you don't gain any rear suspension travel as long as you have extended sway bar links to match any lift you have
Makes sense thank you for the explanation

After talking to people and reading all the comments I recently took my FJA 80 to a trail called Niagara rim trail in Northern California quick disconnects for my front sway bars and I left my rear connected I just got longer links for the sway bar. It worked great super stable and didn’t have any issues with the obstacles. Thank God for rock sliders

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom