Disconnected transmission/accelerator cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been driving the 96 for a few days when the wife will let me and it seems that it shifts a bit hard between 1st and 2nd. I found the FAQ on the transmission cable adjustment, although I'm not sure if it applies to the later A442 trans. After looking at my cables, I found that the middle/bottom cable was not even connected!

Can anyone verify that the cable adjustment specs in the FAQ apply to the later A442 transmisison?

Does anyone have a pic of the cable routing? It looks like it's routed underneath- opposite of the cruise and throttle cables on either side. It this correct? I haven't been able to get a good diagram in the FSM.

thanks for the help

Not having that cable hooked up and rigged correctly will adversely affect how the transmission functions.

The lower cable is for the tranny. If you have the FSM it will give you the measurement needed to set the cable rigging correctly. On the 93 & 94 the spec is 1mm out from the end of the cable housing but that may be different for the 95+. I don;t have any pictures I can access now to post up. If you can't picture what the FSM is talking about I can post up a pic of a 94 later.

Can anyone verify that the cable adjustment specs in the FAQ apply to the later A442 transmisison?

Adjustment is the same. You need to get a FSM if you don't have one.
-B-

Just downloaded the FSM yesterday, but the cable seems to be called two different names depending on which section of the manual you're looking at. It's called the accelerator cable in the throttle body section and the throttle cable in the transmission section. It didn't look the same either- I'm just used to my volvo 240 manual where nothing changed for 10 model years!

Anyway, I got the cable installed & adjusted on now she shifts like butta.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom