Disconnected pipe/hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was trouble shooting the carb fan on my ‘85 FJ60 and noticed that there is a pipe disconnected from a hose. The attached pictures aren’t great. I’ll get under the truck and get some better pictures tomorrow. Other than the carb fan not kicking on at shutdown, the truck is running great. Assuming the PO or my mechanic bypassed something but want to make sure.

377AE564-6A1B-46B9-857E-0B27AEC844FC.jpeg

3232FEC0-9DE7-4625-8431-F66E28A555D9.jpeg

7FC93659-7B7F-41BD-95F3-399065B28C2D.jpeg

I believe the answer is inside your red circle. You can see the pipe the hose needs to attach to. The hose is touching the pipe. Easier to notice in your 2nd picture.

I believe the answer is inside your red circle. You can see the pipe the hose needs to attach to. The hose is touching the pipe. Easier to notice in your 2nd picture.
Yeah, I can connect the two with some force but the hose needs replacing if it really does anything. It’s definitely not liquid or air tight. Wondering what it is or was for.

I think it is the hose that connects the ERG valve with the EGR vacuum modulator. The pressure of the exhaust at the ERG valve is fed back to the modulator to control when exhaust gases are recirculated back to the carburetor. If you register your vehicle in orange county, CA, you need an installed and working EGR system to pass the emissions test. But if you could pop the modulator out of it's holder and move it out of the way to get a better picture what the pipe is connected to.

1665668043242.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom