Disconnected Heater Hoses? (1 Viewer)

florida95fzj

SILVER Star
Hello everyone, I just bought a 1995 FZJ80 with 93,000 miles. Although a couple of the hoses have been changed recently, nearly everything else is old and needs changing.

I noticed that there is a hose disconnected on the firewall (left in pic) and what I assume was the other connection a bit farther to the driver's side near all of the other heater hoses.

Could this be the rear heater hook up?

I can't find any parts diagrams to show the rear heater hoses in general. I was actually looking for some part numbers to replace whatever hoses go the rear heater core itself.

Thanks

Bill

IMG_8286.jpg

IMG_8269.jpg

White Sheep

SILVER Star
Hello everyone, I just bought a 1995 FZJ80 with 93,000 miles. Although a couple of the hoses have been changed recently, nearly everything else is old and needs changing.

I noticed that there is a hose disconnected on the firewall (left in pic) and what I assume was the other connection a bit farther to the driver's side near all of the other heater hoses.

Could this be the rear heater hook up?

I can't find any parts diagrams to show the rear heater hoses in general. I was actually looking for some part numbers to replace whatever hoses go the rear heater core itself.

Thanks

Bill

View attachment 2743381

View attachment 2743383
The previous owner bypassed it so there is no hose there. I just capped mine cuz I didnt like seeing an opening.

florida95fzj

SILVER Star
Cool, well, I guess I could see if I can flush it clean enough to not push rust into the rest of my system. Although not sure on the odds it will even work if it's been sitting for years with stagnant coolant in there.

Clean things up and capping it may be the answer for now with more pressing things to do.

Thanks guys

White Sheep

SILVER Star
Cool, well, I guess I could see if I can flush it clean enough to not push rust into the rest of my system. Although not sure on the odds it will even work if it's been sitting for years with stagnant coolant in there.

Clean things up and capping it may be the answer for now with more pressing things to do.

Thanks guys
A lot of people just bypass it. My engine is currently out so Im going to remove those unused hard lines.

florida95fzj

SILVER Star
A lot of people just bypass it. My engine is currently out so Im going to remove those unused hard lines.

Not sure what it weighs but I would be more inclined to get rid of the dead weight if I had another reason to remove that seat one day. I can't say that I really need extra heat. If it was rear AC, would be a different story.

White Sheep

SILVER Star
Not sure what it weights but I would be more inclined to get rid of the dead weight if I had another reason to remove that seat one day. I can't say that I really need extra heat. If it was rear AC, would be a different story.
Yeah, your in Florida. I think your good on heat.

White Sheep

SILVER Star
This might help:

LandLocked93

SILVER Star
Just fwiw, heat from my dash in cold temps is far less than the amount of heat I get from the passenger seat heater unit. It's much faster at producing heat as well.
Recommend keeping the rear heat if it works by replacing the hoses, over relying soley on heat from your dash core (even if it works now) if you wheel in the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom