Disconnected breather/vacuum line found by front E-locker. Where does it go? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finished doing some much needed maintenance to my front e-locker for my 97LX450 and noticed this(looks to be broken) vacuum type soft rubber line. It is meshed in with the e-locker wiring harness. The front e-locker has the same type of rubber line, but it's capped off(see pics) by what looks like a factory type one-way check valve?

So either someone replaced the front e-locker and never connected it's breather line to aforementioned loose hanging rubber line OR that loose rubber line came off something else? I've searched, but couldn't find a definitive explanation.

Here are the pics...

20200815_232736.jpg

20200815_232826.jpg

A search for elocker breather and I found this link Difflock breathers

I found that link and saved it, but it doesn't explain my situation. If that loose hose is the breather for the e-locker, then why is the bresther that's on the e-locker now(looks factory) capped off with what looks like a check valve?

One vents the differential, the other vents the locker mechanism.

Hmm, idk, because that one that is loose is meshed with the e- locker wiring. I can clearly see the diff breather further down the axle and it's intact.

I’m not getting your question, but remove the cobbled tube & screw, & tubing sleeved in the wiring for the motor - that whole pigtail - plugs into your e-locker.

What am I missing here?

I’m not getting your question, but remove the cobbled tube & screw, & tubing sleeved in the wiring for the motor - that whole pigtail - plugs into your e-locker.

What am I missing here?
Indeed. If my actuators have a breather tube I've thoroughly missed it somewhere. Such a short tube at that...hard to see the benefit.

What am I missing here?

That's what I ended up doing. That plug on the end of the 4" piece of vacuum looked to be factory. I removed it and plugged the loose hose onto it. Just don't know why Toyota would do that by leaving the e-locker vent plugged up.

That's what I ended up doing. That plug on the end of the 4" piece of vacuum looked to be factory. I removed it and plugged the loose hose onto it. Just don't know why Toyota would do that by leaving the e-locker vent plugged up.

I don't think it came that way from the factory. Both my front and rear locker in my were connected to the breather integrated with the harness.

I don't think it came that way from the factory. Both my front and rear locker in my were connected to the breather integrated with the harness.

Maybe they were replaced then at some point and whoever swapped it didn't know what they were doing and left the short breather with the cap plug on the e-locker.

Maybe they were replaced then at some point and whoever swapped it didn't know what they were doing and left the short breather with the cap plug on the e-locker.

Yeah, that'd be my guess. I can't see how that setup would be better than the factory harness breather, so I'd reconnect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom