disconectin the vacum advance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well its a rochester 1 bbl carb...........find me a proper one and then we can see whats up...ive been lookin for a new one for weeks. is it possible to switch it to a 2 bbl carb?

wood?

OK, is that a wood block on the base of the carb? :rolleyes:

bretty said:
well its a rochester 1 bbl carb...........find me a proper one and then we can see whats up...ive been lookin for a new one for weeks. is it possible to switch it to a 2 bbl carb?
Yes, it's no problem to bolt on the 1970-1972 2-bbl carb, since the engine already has a 2bbl manifold.

I'll sell ya a carb. :D

FJ40Jim said:
I'll sell ya a carb. :D

Don't miss this opportunity, Brett!

bretty said:
noits steel

With a Cedartone finish.

Bretty,
If you have a vacuum advance distributor, just pony up for Jim to send you an Aisan 2bbl he has rebuilt and drilled for ported vacuum.

As the pentultimate dumbass, I installed an HEI and "hooked" it up to full manifold vacuum. So, at idle it was at full advance.
Pisser is, it still runs good, but things are gonna change.

Ed

So, Brett, which vacuum port on that carb was hooked up to the dizzy?

it was hooked up too the one below the clear lookin hose that is also plugged offits where the long black tube is along side the valve cover...

Bretty, you might want to email or PM him on that one. He might have special pitty for you, eh.
$ seldom discussed on the board. Proto-eti-col, if you catch my drift.

GL

And whatever it is....it is worth it, never heard a complaint.

Ed

Hey Bretty, no bad, just trying to help. But if you want to do biz with someone, just talk to THEM. Jim C makes hinself very available to everyone here on the board, you included. He gave me a bunch of good advice. Just PM or email him.

No harm, no foul.

Glad you're here.

Ed

what about goin with a 2 bbl instead of the 1 bbl wouldnt that make more sense???

Um, Bretty, I'm pretty sure that's what FJ40Jim was hinting at...

FJ40Jim
Quote:
"Yes, it's no problem to bolt on the 1970-1972 2-bbl carb, since the engine already has a 2bbl manifold."

bretty said:
what about goin with a 2 bbl instead of the 1 bbl wouldnt that make more sense???

sorry i never caught on, i thought he said he had a 1 bbl he would sell me...........2 bbl sounds better to me also..........

http://www.performancedistributors.com/toyotadui.htm

whats your guy opinions on this set up also, im thinkin of putting it in along with the new carb.......

bretty said:
sorry i never caught on, i thought he said he had a 1 bbl he would sell me...........2 bbl sounds better to me also..........
No, I was talking about a 2-bbl. The 1-bbl carb is good for a stock restoration, but there is no advantage to one if the manifold is already set up for 2-bbl.

http://www.performancedistributors.com/toyotadui.htm
whats your guy opinions on this set up also, im thinkin of putting it in along with the new carb.......
I think there are better places to drop $400 first. Like $20 for 6 correct NipponDenso plugs, points and condenser.
Repair all manifold vacuum leaks.
Then set the timing properly, adjust valves, tweak the idle mix & speed on the new Aisan 2-bbl carb.

If ignition points are taboo for you, then a pertronix can be dropped into the original vac advance distributor.

thanks jim, but my expirience is very limimted with cruisers so most of what you are tellin me too do is foriegn to me. i dont even have a toyota mechanic that is capable to work on a 67. so im pretty limited as too waht i can do on my own. thanks again jim for all your help and info......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom