Disc-O-Bed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just an FYI - Cabelas has the XL size for $250 which is an awesome deal.

I picked up a set for the kids tent camping.

Have you used these - how do you like them?

images.jpeg

The disc-o-beds are worth every penny. They are heavy and only really for RV / camp ground use / car camping. Easy to set up and take down. Very comfortable.

20190526_130309.jpg

20190526_125823.jpg

20190526_125716.jpg

These things work great. We brought a set with on hotel stay with the kids (6 people total). Allowed us all to stay in one room instead of getting two. Savings $125. The kids LOVE sleeping on the Disc-O-Beds.

disc.jpg

These things work great. We brought a set with on hotel stay with the kids (6 people total). Allowed us all to stay in one room instead of getting two. Savings $125. The kids LOVE sleeping on the Disc-O-Beds.
Quick question, Can you pull out of a drive way? Also, what tent is that?

Quick question, Can you pull out of a drive way? Also, what tent is that?

NO. To pull out of my driveway, it takes at least 5 min. I need to move all the bikes, scooters, baseball bats, at water toys first (including the all neighbor kids stuff). Then yell out loud "OK, I'm backing out of the garage now, look out". Then the neighbor kids come over and stare at me (they are very weird) as I am backing out. I see them and need to HONK to warn them about the vehicle rearward movement. EVERY time I am about the crest the curb with my rear tires, it is inevitable that 3-4 kids riding BMX bikes with come whizzing by, missing my rear bumper by 3-4 feet while the vehicle is backing rearwards.

To add to the mess, we live in a cul-de-sac with 8 houses, within them 8 houses there are 31 young kids. Something in water in my area.

Pulling into the cul-de-sac and into the driveway is a totally different story. Kids everywhere. Needless to say, a lot of beer and Vodka gets consume by the adults in Pinecone Circle after beddy-by-times.

The tent is a Whiteduck Family Explorer Delxus 10x14 spring bow tent - love it!

Used the tent and Disc-o-beds again this weekend with all the kids camping on the north shore (Lake Superior, MN side):

IMG956929.jpg
20190703_191910.jpg

NO. To pull out of my driveway, it takes at least 5 min. I need to move all the bikes, scooters, baseball bats, at water toys first (including the all neighbor kids stuff). Then yell out loud "OK, I'm backing out of the garage now, look out". Then the neighbor kids come over and stare at me (they are very weird) as I am backing out. I see them and need to HONK to warn them about the vehicle rearward movement. EVERY time I am about the crest the curb with my rear tires, it is inevitable that 3-4 kids riding BMX bikes with come whizzing by, missing my rear bumper by 3-4 feet while the vehicle is backing rearwards.

To add to the mess, we live in a cul-de-sac with 8 houses, within them 8 houses there are 31 young kids. Something in water in my area.

Pulling into the cul-de-sac and into the driveway is a totally different story. Kids everywhere. Needless to say, a lot of beer and Vodka gets consume by the adults in Pinecone Circle after beddy-by-times.

The tent is a Whiteduck Family Explorer Delxus 10x14 spring bow tent - love it!

Used the tent and Disc-o-beds again this weekend with all the kids camping on the north shore (Lake Superior, MN side):
Sounds like you need a spotter and a hose for the neighborhood kids.

Very carefully. A have a off-road trailer in the works as well....

Still love the disc-o-beds. The kids use them when the go to grandparent's for sleepovers.

I love our disco beds. we are planning on getting another set. (I have 8 kids) Have my set for a year and a half and used them about 160 nights. We camp out in the back pasture about 3 months out of the year cuz its fun and we dont have central AC so the house is 80 degrees at night sometimes.

I love our disco beds. we are planning on getting another set. (I have 8 kids) Have my set for a year and a half and used them about 160 nights. We camp out in the back pasture about 3 months out of the year cuz its fun and we dont have central AC so the house is 80 degrees at night sometimes.

8 kids - congratulations! My patients is maxed with 4.

We did a family Fishing / 4x4 trip this weekend. Disc-o-beds saved the weekend. I have the "XL" set for the bigger kids, and the "L" kit for the smaller kids.

7 kids, 3 adults in a 6 person cabin:

20190902_092345.jpg
20190901_231342.jpg
20190901_145620.jpg

20190831_150716.jpg

One negative about them that will most likely never effect any of you. Since we camp out all summer long these are out in the sun for months.(no rain fly so we can see the stars) Our summers are steady 100 degree days and direct sunlight for a few hours fused the canvas of the cot to the support rods that pass through the canvas. So when I disassemble for real camping I cant break down the top cot. I dont blame the manufacturer for this.

One negative about them that will most likely never effect any of you. Since we camp out all summer long these are out in the sun for months.(no rain fly so we can see the stars) Our summers are steady 100 degree days and direct sunlight for a few hours fused the canvas of the cot to the support rods that pass through the canvas. So when I disassemble for real camping I cant break down the top cot. I dont blame the manufacturer for this.

Wow, so the canvass of the top bunk has bonded with the support rods via UV and heat - that's crazy. Just curious if you contacted disc-o-bed with this problem? (because I would, these things are expensive!).

Mine are used tenting and indoors only, so no issues so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom