Disc conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I accidentally pulled the spindle cover off when removing the passenger side drum. It slid back on but the spindle won’t move. I’m going to have to rebuild the knuckle aren’t I?

Can you explain how the spindle came off if you were only removing the drum?

Can you explain how the spindle came off if you were only removing the drum?
When I unbolted the spindle screws and went to pull the drum backing plate, the knuckle cover came with it. The spindle never actually came out, the cover did, so I placed that back on the spindle and put 2 temporary bolts in like I had done in the drivers side.

Im very new to working on cars, so I am hoping there is some wisdom that can be shed on me to the easiest solution. Is there a way of testing to see if everything is ok other than trying to spin the spindle?

This one is going to require pics to understand what you mean. Your nomenclature is a bit confusing.

This one is going to require pics to understand what you mean. Your nomenclature is a bit confusing.
After further inspection, the spindle did come off with the backing plate. 50 years of dirt/grease was caked up on it. Attached is a picture for reference. I put the spindle back on the axle to prevent any further mistakes.
D219EA6F-D471-4DCD-99FB-209F0D2F5FE5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom