Disc Brake Upgrade Questions, '73 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am upgrading my '73 FJ40 to front disc brakes, using the FJ60 style vented rotor and V6 caliper kit from Marlin. I have a few questions I was hoping I could get answered.

First, do I have the spring in right? Also please feel free to point out anything else you see wrong. Passenger side:

IMG_0552.JPG

Second, I also purchased Marlin's backing plate eliminator, so, no backing plate. Do I just run a hose directly from the caliper inlet, without supporting it on the caliper end, over to the stock mounting bracket over on the axle?

At the same time I had also purchased Marlin's brake line mount and clip set, but I think that might have been intended for the stock minitruck setup; do I even need those, and if so, where would they even mount?:

IMG_0556.JPG

Hey @KelVarnson, the brakes look good. The spring placement looks correct.

Great meeting you and talking cruisers yesterday at Lowes.

I purchased my headlights from Mud vendor @Racer65. Website: CityRacerLLC.com

I didn't catch your Seinfeld user name reference when we met. If I ever change my user name it will be:
Dr. Van Nostrand MD
Juilliard Trained Dermatologist

IMG_3499.PNG

Last edited:
The spring is not correct. It should loop around a pin. It will pop out without being around a pin.

Great meeting you and talking cruisers yesterday at Lowes.

Likewise! That is a really great Cruiser you have there, amazingly clean.

I purchased my headlights from Mud vendor @Racer65. Website: CityRacerLLC.com

I've heard of them. During master cylinder research, I think.

I didn't catch your Seinfeld user name reference when we met.

I didn't emphasize it, I guess I could have. You never know who is a fan.

If I ever change my user name it will be:
Dr. Van Nostrand MD
Juilliard Trained Dermatologist

LOL! There was some real genius in that show.

The spring is not correct. It should loop around a pin. It will pop out without being around a pin.

Thank you. I knew that loose end wasn't right. I don't know why I had such a hard time figuring that out.

OK, it looks like they gave you two springs per caliper. I only got one spring per caliper. Seems like two would make more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom