Disc brake Q's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tigerstripe40

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 1976 FJ40with the stock disc brake front end.

I need to replace my front brake rotors and I am looking at a few different options.

New OEM replacement rotors for a 75-80 FJ40 ($BLING$).

Aftermarket slotted and cross drilled rotors, such as DBA (same money as new OEM, but I hear these warp).

New OEM V6 4Runner rotors (not sure if I need to have later steering knuckles and the associated calipers to use these).

I have tried searching.

Is the later style rotor taller than the earleir style?

Thanks!

You are not going to gain anything by swapping to the 4runner rotor...they are effectivly the same thing...

"Aftermarket slotted and cross drilled rotors, such as DBA "

cannot think of a single reason why you would want or need these...This is a Land Cruiser...

The only difference between early Land Cruiser rotors and later ones is how they attach to the hub....yours should have six 10mmx1.25 bolts that hold the rotor to the hub, and do not require that you remove and reinstall the wheel studs, as the later ones do, and they only have two of these bolts, instead of six...

You should be able to find aftermarket earlier rotors, and the will work fine. I have used the Brazillian 25 buck ones for years without issues...

Good luck!

-Steve

From a recent thread Trailcarnage wrote:

"I ended up ordering Allsafe 9820RGS from rockauto.com for $52.89/ea. I hope to see them tomorrow. The website specified that they have 6 bolts holes(fingers crossed)."

and then later added.....

"Well, the ones from rockauto came in today and I am pleased to say that the are correct. Only a two day delivery time too. That's as good as the parts store.

Yoda- You want to see cheap? The 60 rotors are only 10.61 where I got mine. That is rediculous!"

dgangle....

you are too funny!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom